King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2011

I do know that.

I don't think any of them were backing them at SP. I am not sure if you know that.

All I am saying is there has been a lot of professional money going on O'Brien horses this season. And it has been very, very hot this season.

In top races this season they have been buried into So You Think twice, Fame and Glory at Ascot, SNA in the Coronation Cup. And I think the SYT Ascot race is the only bad one.

I do know that.

I don't think any of them were backing them at SP. I am not sure if you know that.

All I am saying is there has been a lot of professional money going on O'Brien horses this season. And it has been very, very hot this season.

In top races this season they have been buried into So You Think twice, Fame and Glory at Ascot, SNA in the Coronation Cup. And I think the SYT Ascot race is the only bad one.

I agree with the point in the context of maiden races etc.

It's not true though for Group races, especially the bigger ones. Wonder of Wonders today the latest example.

I see - they backed them at 1/6 rather than 2/13 - smart men.

I thought of all people you would challenge an accpeted lazy point that 'they know'.

2/3 people have said to me that (and why) they feel this place is becoming a waste of time. After avoiding it for most of the past month, I think they are right and it's best left alone.

Pretty soon all this place will be will be Colin quoting other people's opinions..

I don't think internet forums are a waste of time at all. I've made several friends and acquaintances from this one. I also (obviously) don't mind arguing - worse not to have any opinion at all.

2/3 people have said to me that (and why) they feel this place is becoming a waste of time. After avoiding it for most of the past month, I think they are right and it's best left alone.

What's the alternative? Bull's posts in the Tour thread proves it's still a worthwhile place.

Some people just take it way too seriously. And anyone who leaves a Forum because of the odd row is a pussy. End of.

I'm not talking about leaving. I just think this place is going downhill. This however doesn't mean I'm definitely not a pussy (maybe end of). Twitter is worse though. I met a friend to watch the fa cup final. He 'watched' it on twitter whilst I looked at the tv in the pub.

It always seems like this in the summer because although the action is fine certain valuable contributors only contribute during the Jumps.

If you think this place is going downhill maybe you could do something constructive about it.

Splitting hairs isn't constructive.

Post more often; start threads; take a view, try to be funny.....there is a part of racing that all of us know more than average about. Arouse people's interest by discussing it.

Tout Seul got people posting about the Wokingham.
Ardross got people posting by giving out about Spencer's flair.
Gearoid tries to get people talking about Galway.
There have been decent threads on a good few top races recently.

IMO the standard of posts from the posters on this forum are very high I think, I'm usually impressed with the tipping from you fella's (sorry ladies doesn't seem to be many of you about on here anymore lol). If anything that maybe can put people off who may not be as astute as your goodselves.

For example, ask me who is a dead cert between SNA, Workforce and Rewildering in the KG and I really couldn't tell you the answer to that question.....

Last edited:
.............but not St Nick?;)

Marble, I think you'll find there are plenty of losers posted on here (except in the laying threads), quite a lot of them by me.

Grow a thick skin and dive in

Last edited:
I'd fancy St Nicholas Abbey over Rewilding in a sprint, but Rewilding might have the edge in a true run race.

I think this is spot on. I rememeber Galileo seemingly sprinting away from Fantasic light in this about a decade ago and I can see SNA trying to do this here. However, a true run race and you're left with Rewilding, unless Workforce really can pull something out of the top draw. I beleived he was a top top derby winner and in a race where it will probably be a special performance to win it i'm with Workforce here.

Last edited:
.............but not St Nick?;)

Marble, I think you'll find there are plenty of losers posted on here (except in the laying threads), quite a lot of them by me.

Grow a thick skin and dive in

I had 40 quid e/w on a 20/1 winner at the Curragh today I'll have you know.:D

I really don't think SNA is a speed horse. I think he's looked a real galloper since he returned.

Back