Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
Is that the last we'll see of Bruce Savage?

What an incredible horse. Nobody can crab him now. 4 world hurdles, and he's beaten everyone out there. Nobody's got close. It looks as though he's still got plenty in the tank, so whatever comes through now I'd imagine he'll beat them. Does anybody know just how good he is yet?

He'll probably be facing Peddlers Cross this time next year, who's better than Oscar Whisky and will probably stay, but still won't get close to Big Buck's.

Career best from the mare. Just how close would Quevega get??

Getting 2 stone? about 5 lengths on a bad day.:rolleyes:

He jut slaughtered 3 top class horses like they were platers and all 3 were on the bridle 2 out. The mare ran out of her skin but you could have stuck 5 horses between them and Big Buck's would still have found.

I honestly thought Barry was going to do him but when Ruby gave him a bit of a push and a shove it was all over in strides.

Please don't insult him by cross referencing form as life just isn't that simple and means bog all.

Last edited:
Getting 2 stone? about 5 lengths on a bad day.:rolleyes:

He jut slaughtered 3 top class horses like they were platers and all 3 were on the bridle 2 out. The mare ran out of her skin but you could have stuck 5 horses between them and Big Buck's would still have found.

I honestly thought Barry was going to do him but when Ruby gave him a bit of a push and a shove it was all over in strides.

Please don't insult him by cross referencing form as life just isn't that simple and means bog all.

That post makes absolutely no sense to me

Big Bucks a champion

Voler La vedette, posted a better effort today than anyhting Quevega has done,
VLV would have won the mares this year in a canter

Credit where credit is due, today we saw one of the great National Hunt horses of all time.

VLV would have won the mares this year in a canter

No she wouldn't. You miss the point of running her in the World Hurdle. Faster pace. She'd have blown her brains out in the first two miles of the slowly run mares race. She settled better with the better pace of the race today. That was the reason for going for the tougher race and it worked out well.

World Hurdle and Ryanair were 2 of the best races I've ever seen at the course.

And I backed Oscar Whisky and Great Endeavour:blink:

Back