League Of Neightions Cheltenham Festival Comp

First Captains missive for the Welsh team to put us in the mood. Lets all wear our daffodils with pride tomorrow for St Davids Day and give the person who means most to you, a good cwtch in the morning, before you have a good bowl of cawl for lunch.

Cymru am Byth

I shall wear my daffodil with pride but I can't cwtch the boyf cos he's not about tomorrow, nor is his deputy.... I can cwtch the dogs though, they will have to do??

Let the dragons roar!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My cawl pot is roaring Roddy,Cymru am Byth.Dydd Gwyl Dewi sant.Happy saint David's day to Roddy,Bar and all our adopted brethren.
ich Dien.

Irving
Felix Yonger, Champagne Fever
Hadrians Approach, Bury Parade
My Tent Or Yours
Quevega
Shotgun Paddy
Ericht
Faugheen, Royal Boy
Morning Assembly
Un Temps Pour Tout, Sure Reef
Sire De Grugy, Captain Conan
Sire Collonges
Dawalan
Vigil, Our Kaempfer
Felix Yonger, Oscar Whiskey
Clonard Lad
Dynaste
Big Bucks
Rajdhani Express, Colour squadron, Ericht
Buddy Bolero, Alfie Sherrin
Royal Irish Hussar, Pearl Castle, Calipto
Get Me Out Of Here
Briar Hill, Rathvinden
Bobs Worth
On The Fringe
Vaniteux
Astracad

My thoughts so far Woody

Last edited:
Feck me MAX you're quick out of the gate! It depends on the scoring -re best return on selection. Will it be points for win and place or SP ?

These are the rules but note I will be opening another thread for the actual selections mid week

Daily entries can be made on either the Talking Horses Forum or the Final Furlong forum.

Where possible please check for non runners before placing your selections. These can be found at the bottom of this page each day

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/home.sd?cardHomeTabs=runner_index

One selection each day in all races at Cheltenham with one selection noted as a nap. A virtual £2 win bet will be placed on your nap on each day with a virtual £1 win bet on your other selections. In the event a nap is not nominated, selections will be settled on a £1 win basis on all selections. Stake money will not be included in any returns but losing selections result in losing the virtual stake. If your selection is a non runner, the virtual stake is placed on the favourite for that race, however joint or co favourites will be settled accordingly. For the purpose of this competition any Rule 4 deductions will be ignored. Selections (one reserve allowed) must be in by the start of the first race each day and no submissions or alterations are permitted thereafter. No exceptions.

Team members will represent England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and the Rest Of The World . There will be 10 players in each team, one of whom is captain.
If a team member fails to post selections on any day, the captain may make selections on behalf of that player or alternatively elect to use his/ her own selections again. If a captain fails to nominate which method to use, his/her own selections will be the default method used for settling purposes on that day. If a captain fails to post selections on any day, the captain and all absent players score will be calculated as a losing selection on each race including one nap.

The winning country will be the one achieving the highest profit or smallest loss over the four days.

Last edited:
Irving
Felix Yonger, Champagne Fever
Hadrians Approach, Bury Parade
My Tent Or Yours
Quevega
Shotgun Paddy
Ericht
Faugheen, Royal Boy
Morning Assembly
Un Temps Pour Tout
Sire De Grugy, Captain Conan
Sire Collonges
Dawalan
Vigil, Our Kaempfer
Felix Yonger, Oscar Whiskey
Clonard Lad
Dynaste
Big Bucks
Rajdhani Express, Colour squadron, Ericht
Buddy Bolero, Alfie Sherrin
Royal Irish Hussar, Pearl Castle, Calipto
Get Me Out Of Here
Briar Hill, Rathvinden
Bobs Worth
On The Fringe
Vaniteux
Astracad

My thoughts so far Woody

I reckon that you've got 11-14 of the winners there MAX.

Are you going to allow early posters the opportunity to have reserves?

Their not my final selections, I will post on the eve or on the day. They are my early thoughts...just getting some craic going with my vice captain Woody..;)

Are you going to allow early posters the opportunity to have reserves?

Yes that's fine Archie, have edited the rules above to "Selections (one reserve allowed) must be in by the start of the first race each day etc although a non runner would revert to the favourite in any case.

Last edited:
Back