League Of Neightions Competition Goodwood and Galway

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Let's see if there is enough interest for another one of these, please state which country you want to represent, although some flexibility might be required. We will amend the rules and do away with captains this time.

Proposed Rules

League of Neightions Competiton

Daily entries can be made on either the Talking Horses Forum or the Final Furlong forum.

One selection each day in THREE races of your choice at Glorious Goodwood, Tuesday to Saturday, and THREE races of your choice at the Galway Festival, Tuesday to Saturday, with one selection at each meeting noted as a nap. Selections for each meeting must be in by the start of the first race each day at the relevant meeting and no alterations are permitted thereafter including the addition or changing of naps. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Please check here for non runners before placing your selections

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Non_Runners/.

A virtual £2 win bet will be placed on your nap at each meeting with a virtual £1 win bet on your other selections. In the event naps are not nominated selections will all be settled on a £1 win basis.
Stake money will not be included in any returns, losing selections result in losing the virtual stake. Reserves are permitted. but whatever your election is, if it is a non runner, the virtual stake is placed on the favourite for that race, however joint or co favourites will be settled accordingly. For the purpose of this competition any Rule 4 deductions will be ignored.

Team members will represent England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Rest Of The World and other countries if required.

Team scores will be calculated each day from the aggregate scores of team members who post selections. Any player who fails to post will be deemed to have selected the favourite in the first three races.

The winning country will be the one achieving the highest profit or smallest loss over the five days.

An individual competition will run alongside the team competition using the same rules.
Individuals must play on all five days and make selections in all races to qualify for the individual competition.

Any disputes my decision is final.

Tactics

Teams could opt to play strategically by nominating the races in which they want their individual players to make a selection so that all races are covered each day. However individuals who want to select their strongest fancies in the three races of their own choice may disagree.

Are you a team player or are you out for individual glory?

Last edited:
'Any player who fails to post will be deemed to have selected the favourite in each race.'
Presumably you'd use the first 3 races at each meeting for the no shows?

Any side that will have me will be fine, thanks.

Northern England for me
But if needed I shall join a team with any southern Sallys 😀

Happy to play either England or ROW but my Galway knowledge is severely lacking!

I myself am a stateless Irish person because I have no right to vote in national elections in any country. On the other hand there's no denying that sometimes I'm an Irish person in a state.

This is how it's shaping up but may still move some players who have indicated flexibility

Scotland & The North = simmo, RayH, Anadin, crazyjoe, Old Vic. NewApproach (6)

Ireland = edgt, Hoofhearted, chroniclandlord, Grey, an capall (5)

Wales = Merlin The Magician, Archie, The Cardiffian (3)

Rest Of World = Maruco, jinnyj,Diamond Geezer, Latefortheraces (4)

England = SP Only, Desperate Dan, fonz, wilsonl, Ted (5)

Last edited:
I myself am a stateless Irish person because I have no right to vote in national elections in any country. On the other hand there's no denying that sometimes I'm an Irish person in a state.

Unelected and no vote either. Thats the EU for ye.

Anyway, if there is a South County Dublin team I'll play for them, if not then The Republic of Ireland.

UPDATE

This is how it's shaping up but may still move some players who have indicated flexibility

Scotland & The North = simmo, RayH, Anadin, crazyjoe, Old Vic. NewApproach, fonz (7)

Ireland = edgt, Hoofhearted, chroniclandlord, Grey, an capall, Slim Chance, delboy (7)

Wales = Merlin The Magician, Archie, The Cardiffian, Roddy (4)

Rest Of World = Maruco, jinnyj,Diamond Geezer, Latefortheraces, Tanlic (5)

England = SP Only, Desperate Dan, wilsonl, Ted, Tout Seul, Cruella (6)

Last edited:
Back