Leopardstown Christmas Festival

anyone who has taken 20/1 or less about Pandorama for the GC needs their head felt. Might rack up a few Grade 1s at home, but won't be making any impression at Cheltenham in March, or next March. I could go on.

They went a nice pace for him today but he'll come on for the run and he has some engine. He made a mistake in the back straight and was immediately back on the bit. It's tough to see him beating Denman or Imperial Commander this season but I think he'll be a contender in 2012 unless MDH and Punchestowns turn out as good as I think they might.

Well done Luke - and to all on the forum who backed it!! Missed it myself but Powerstation made it a decent day again for the OTB household.

Is the 13/8 about Big Zeb massive or what?? Savage bumper for closers - can the machine that is the pride of Kanturk keep his unbeaten record - I for one will be taking any 7/2 or bigger - this Rebel Fitz could be anything!!

Can only echo what was said on an earlier post that Powestation must be a fantastic horse to own. I know connections were very much looking forward to running him at Cheltenham a couple of years ago. Always somewhat overlooked and a good ew price.

I respect Big Zeb and Golden Silver but the confidence behind Captain Cee Bee in the Champion market makes me think he is in very good order this year. I'd want to be with him at 4/1.

Have put down a few quid trying to lay Big Zeb at prices between 2.5 and 2.6.See him drifting enough to make me a few quid tomorrow.
Could be a race to watch .

Just read that Murphy is concerned about the ground - Cantoris is keeping a very low profile!!:ninja:

No I'm not, was just looking after some of my syndicate members with a few refreshments after racing. Sure Colm has to be worried about something.....he's hardly gonna come out and say he expects him to win :lol:

I managed to get out with my Murphy bets today. Got Options didn't get home with her wind, Quito each way to a good bet - would have won of they went a better gallop, Ballyhoura each way without the two favs made a small profit. I'm going all in tomorrow.

Glencove Marina an eyecatching performance - aim him at the Ryanair, perhaps?

It would have to be soft, if the ground was good I don't think it would suit, just didn't stay today.

Well done to Pandorama, although my honest view, none of these horses will get within a sniff of the Gold Cup,

JohnJ

As for tomorrow's card, great racing. I am particularly looking forward to seeing Our Girl Salley, she looked so impressive on her hurdle debut.

JohnJ

Cantoris -what price would you expect 13/8 guaranteed with Powers or will you hold out for something better.

I just don't see how Golden Silver will turn the form from the last day around, bar the ground. Captain Cee Bee would be the danger in my view but he only just beat Zaarito in a novice chase last season, admittedly first time out, and I'd have BZ well ahead of Zaarito. IMO, any price better than evens is a good price unless he completely fluffs his lines.

3 horses on here to back.Powerstation ew,Pandora and Magic Wings Started with a pony ew and played on win only. Broke all my rules and a very nice return especially on a ' I'm not betting' day, Hope I can repay the favour. Many thanks!

No I'm not, was just looking after some of my syndicate members with a few refreshments after racing.

The cheek of you. I thought I was looking after you.

Last edited:
I also said Pandorama was big at 7/1. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but I will always give an opinion.

Back