Leopardstown Competition

Guest_

At the Start
Completely forgot about the Cheltenham Build Up Competition that I promised a while back....I blame the excitement over a certain Navan bumper at the time!!!

Anyways to make up for that, all forum members are welcome to take part in today's competition.

Rules

As many win or place bets over the Leopardstown card up to €1000 in total bets.

Winner is the forum member with the biggest winnings.

In the result of a tie in prizemoney, the winner will be decided on count back of wins and then places (2nd, 3rd etc).

Bets on NR go onto the SP favourite.

All entries must be in by 1pm.

Anything else that crops up will be sorted out by myself...I have the final word!

The winner gets a €50 on any of the Cheltenham Festival races.

You can post your selections on this thread.

£1000 Treble Ebadiyan 1.10 6/4, Cooldine 2.45 15/8, Neptunes Colonges 3.50 4/5 (all prices with Powers)

Wont be making Leopardstown today lads, got caught up here today. Best of luck though.

Dont forget to show your appreciation for Monaghan after the first!!

Last edited:
Completely forgot about the Cheltenham Build Up Competition that I promised a while back....I blame the excitement over a certain Navan bumper at the time!!!
Quite. I'm mystified as to why Skorcher is not a hot favourite for the Cheltenham bumper after winning our race. While Willy Mullins declined to confirm to me that it would be the stable selected, I think it's obvious he was just being diplomatic for the sake of the 27 other owners of bumper winners in his yard. I've a fiver on for Cheltenham at 240/1. I'm dumbfounded to find that since then its odds have lengthened even further. Anyhow down to today's business...

Forpadytheplasterer might reverse form with Trafford Lad, whose stable has been out of form: 500 at 9/2 (Totesport);

300 Neptune Collonges

100 ew Kennel Bridge at 16/1 (Sportingbet);

Last edited:
200 Ebadiyan 1.10
200 Pistol Flash 1.40
200 Neptunes Collognes 3.50
200 Carronhills 4.25
200 Sicillian Secret 4.55

I agree with your reading of the rules, icebreaker, and have amended my entry accordingly.

Savitha 100 win
Mourne Rambler 100 win
Neptune Collonges 400 win
Cooldine 400 win

(Hopefully a good day for Ruby :lol:)

1.10 - Ebadiyan 150 Euro
2.15 - Zarinava 25 Euro EW
2.45 - Tranquil Sea 150 Euro
3.15 - Flag of Honour 50 Euro EW / Meritorious 50 Euro EW
3.50 - Thyne Again 150 Euro EW
4.25 - Marcus du Berlais 75 Euro EW

1.10 mourad £200 win

1.40 savitha £100 win.....mullincagh lass £100 each way

2.45 tranquil sea £500 win. (R S A CHASE WINNER 2009);)

I was against Mourad Gearoid, thought might need better ground, wasn't convinced that the fav had improved more than Jumbo and had 7 to make up..so it all pointed to Jumbo

I nearly didn't go for the race..thats why I never saw your post..I had typed it out..then started looking at the Listener..then changed me mind.

Back