Leopardstown Feb 9

Don Cossack was a serious blow financially-thought Cooper lacked inspiration.
Was very interested to hear Ted Walsh say Tidal Bay looks old-showings signs of wear and tear-much as I have loved his renaissance with Nicholls it will be a bad day for Irish racing if he can win.

I think Dc has a lot of growing up to do.

Cooper choosing FL over LI had a fair swing in the betting Market too. They were much closer in the betting 2 days ago. There's definitely a 'Cooper effect' now after his brave call on Trifolium over Mozoltov.

I wonder, Does Cooper really know best? Is he that good a judge. DR always found it a tough task before him, as did AP at times over the years. I'm wondering is it more a case of Cooper just playing it safe in the early days and sticking to what he knows. Cooper has lots of previous with FL. (as he did with Trifolium).

As stated above, LI was a better novice. If he has come on a bit from the previous run surely he has to be a big price.....

I had a feeling about Last Installment!! Impressive performance. Was 12.5 on betfair just before the off.

The 2 big championship races this year are shaping up to be absolute epics

Last edited:
The Bumper horse.....if Magnier starts putting horses with him too?

Not a serious comment though Grange

Last edited:
Last Instalment was impressive . I suspect they went pretty slow for Tidal Bay to have been so close yet he still ran on past the rest of them .

The problem I suspect is (a) how good is the form considering the pace of the race (b) is FL one of those horses that runs better against the very best - he was disappointing today but he was held up rather further back than expected (c) Lyreen Legend and Lord Windermere overrated .

Danny Mullins what a terrible jockey he is - the ride he gave The Tullow Tank was utterly gormless .

How did Cooper escape without a ban ? He knew AP was on his inside and although Don Cossack jumped left he deliberately took a line that cut Carlingford Lough off ?

Last edited:
Bobs Worth finished 8L in front of Lyreen legend. Last Instalment finished 14L in front of Lyreen Legend today.
That puts LI in the frame for the Gold Cup. 10/1 looks tasty and I'm biting.

Vautour is the real deal and can't wait to see him over fences next season.
TTT is always going to be tapped for toe when the pace increases, with him doing his best work at the end of the race. I just hope they don't make a knee jerk reaction and send him for the Neptune. Still think he would be a huge player in the Supreme as they are racing from a long way out. He would eat most of them up the hill. I still have Al Ferof in mind and could see TTT doing something similar. Having said that Vautour does look a real tool.
Send him for the Neptune and a certain Faugheen most likely awaits.

Very good performance from Ballycasey. DC looks to be crying out for 3m, unfortunately for him Ballycasey will most likely improve for it also.

Always nice to see a good horse come back, and LI was impressive. They should send both him and FL for the Gold Cup. I know FL is probably not good enough to win but still think he deserves a crack at it, think he would still have place claims especially on better ground. Though could see the logic if going for the Ryanair especially now as CC is going for gold. Looks a winnable race.

Stepping him up in trip would be a mistake. The winner got the run of the race.

Carlingford Lough would have been no worse than second and would have gone very close IMO.

Back