Leopardstown Feb 9

Nice form boost for Fox Norton. Nick Williams owning the Triumph this season. I might have a sneaky forecast on the day.

Anyone dismissing this as a bad ride on TTT, or bare larceny on the part of Walsh, is playing a dangerous game, imo. Vautour travels so well, he'll be even better with a bit of cover, and he is surely a major player for the Supreme.

Anyone dismissing this as a bad ride on TTT, or bare larceny on the part of Walsh, is playing a dangerous game, imo. Vautour travels so well, he'll be even better with a bit of cover, and he is surely a major player for the Supreme.

Agree Grassy, and open to plenty of improvement a major player and the best jockey on top, The Tullow Tank looks a Neptune horse to me.

Wouldnt be confident with Our Conor with him riding: get Davy on

Nothing wrong with Mullins ride.

TTT didn't jump well, and wasn't able to stay on the bridle when Walsh started to crank it up. He is essentially a stayer, and whilst I'm by no means writing him off for the Supreme, he would have a much better chance in the Neptune. :cool:

The winner jumped brilliant on the bridal all the way, but he was given an easy time, Mullins could have closed the gap before two out

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Mullins ride.

TTT didn't jump well, and wasn't able to stay on the bridle when Walsh started to crank it up. He is essentially a stayer, and whilst I'm by no means writing him off for the Supreme, he would have a much better chance in the Neptune. :cool:

Soft ground supreme would still he a good race for him.

That race was like last years supreme, Ruby dictating pace, nothing could catch him.

TTT didn't jump at all well, no shame in losing that today. If McCoy can be done in the same style in a similar scenario Mullins can be forgiven for now

I agree with you on respective performances from both horses Grasshopper, but Mullins definitively could have got closer to Ruby sooner . Just in general I don't rate Danny Mullins. Had this debate with granger before and I know he believes Mullins showed real balls holding AP in on Jezki at xmas.

Watching Danny Mullins interview on ATR on Friday evening, either he thought he already beat Vatour in the Paddy Power or thought he was racing against Moyle park today! Don't think he's fully switched on the lad! Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Think McCoy will be having words with Cooper In the locker room. Cooper has got balls I will say that....

Last edited:
The ground seems nowhere near as bad as it was at Newbury yesterday. Very confident First Lieutenant will be hard to beat.

Always thought Ballycasey was a bit of a talking horse but there was a lot to like about him there. Economic jumping especially.

In my view, Mullins didn't have the horse underneath him at pretty-much any stage from a mile-out.

Every time Mullins got some momentum on the level, TTT would make an error at the next hurdle, and they'd be back to square-one. The run was not dissinilar to the Future Champions, where he was also off the bridle relatively early, but where he outclassed the opposition.

The Tullow Tank lacks tactical/lie-up speed against, imo, and wants a trip.

Nice effort from Balleycasey. Sound chance in RSA.

Last edited:
Vatour is a better horse and was a deserved win

Mullins is not a great jockey but nothing wrong today

Both very good horses but betting was screwed. Should have been joint favourites.

Word from the parade ring has it that The Tullow Tank looked like a mere rasher today, was lacking condition.

Don Cossack was a serious blow financially-thought Cooper lacked inspiration.
Was very interested to hear Ted Walsh say Tidal Bay looks old-showings signs of wear and tear-much as I have loved his renaissance with Nicholls it will be a bad day for Irish racing if he can win.

Super round of jumping from Last Installment.

Brave performance again from Tidal Bay. It will be very interesting to see what rating he gets for the Nash.

First Loot would be better waiting for Aintree.

Back