Leopardstown Saturday [now Sunday]

Ground certainly did not look too bad there in the first..at least not visually anyway. Thought the Oxx filly did it nicely.

Lush Lashes

great season, manteining the form even being victim of her owner trainer, I would have liked to see her in less races and in her correct distance.

Bad crop of fillies this season with the exception of Zarkava and Look Here.

Looks like he got them the wrong way around today. Although there's been mention that DoM worked horribly during the week so it would have been even worse if he'd run him and he'd finished down the field in that.

Indeed Suny, I wonder though was the ground a good excuse for not running the horse today. Seems strange that they did not even see how the first race went. Perhaps the race did indeed come too soon after the last day.

Ladbrokes have New Approach at 12/1 for the Arc.

Bolger saw the race differently...

Bolger said: "On his previous run at Newmarket he was a bit too keen because we had to rush a lot of quick work into him in a short space of time."There was not really enough pace today and once again, we probably overdid the settling.
"He was only doing what he had to do and Kevin confirmed that he had bundles in the tank.
"It was a nice, easy race for him and he should come out of it well.
"He's in the Champion Stakes at Newmarket, he's in the Arc and he's also in the Breeders' Cup Classic.
"He'll probably run in two of those three."

He didn't seem to settle though, did he? Not until Manning gave him a bit of rein and got him on to the back of Red Rock Canyon.

AOB has a 27% strike rate in Irish maidens so far this year for a +18 lsp profit. Gaelic Chief was allowed to drift out to 20/1+ on Betfair but is coming back in now.

Vocalised wins, but The second Eba Shan was never put in the race under Mick Kinane and would pick the winner up and carry it if they met again.

I can`t really comment as I haven`t seen the race yet (tried the live streaming on Betfair - even put a fiver on the race so I could view it) and got nothing. But top class horses who never win impressively against worthy opponents often look the same against second raters. Having him on the same odds as Frozen Fire and bigger than Getaway is ridiculous imo.

Not sure about that. Vocalised is no hero but I wouldn't be putting my life on Eba Shan at odds on in his next maiden.

Agreed Mel, I think there was a reason why Kinane was so gentle on Eba Shan, flashed his tail numerous times.

Agreed Mel, I think there was a reason why Kinane was so gentle on Eba Shan, flashed his tail numerous times.

Alot of horses flash their tails, doesn't mean their ungenuine. Plus he flashed his tail on debut, bit harsh to call a horse a dog on debut.

Also Kingdom Of Fife is a tail flasher and he has won in scrap finishes lately, some horses just do it, I can't remember her name but their was a really good horse of Stoute's who literally done whirls with her tail and didn't stop her winning at the highest level.

Back