Leopardstown Sunday

What happened there, I thought Dixie Music looked in trouble at the end of the back straight. Change of angle and there he was challenging on the outside. Can we have some shots of that move please?:blink:

Cheers Gal. I'm pleasantly surprised at that going description with the weather we're after having lately. Maybe the rain showers have just been following me around!

Me thinks we have seen the Derby winner...

looked very good, Mourayan isn't going to be winning at 10f anytime soon by the looks of it, needs further

not sure about the Derby mesen, think there will be at least 4 or 5 with similar claims on the day

very wide open race

5/2 is a joke imo

5/2 is an laughable. In saying that he was impressive today.

On a side note, did anyone notice the tail flash? A quirk? or just typical Montjeu and nothing to worry about?

Winning Time: 2m 3.62s comparable to High Chaparral in the same race some years back.

Saw that tail flash ..he had the race won by then , wonder why the jockey thought he needed a crack at that time. Heffernan did well to get his horse off the rail when he did, otherwise he would have been boxed in.

Three lengths between Mourayan and Hail Cesar; same as the Ballysax.

For all the talk of him being unlucky in running in the Ballysax, Mourayan has only managed to turn a head deficit to Fergus McIver into a half length superiority.

And meanwhile, Fame and Glory has improved away from them all again.

Hard to be anything other than very impressed with Fame And Glory again today. Handling Epsom shouldn't be an issue for him, as he seems to have a lot of pace for a middle distance horse, travelling well through the race again today (unlike Mourayan).

Form stacks up as Gareth points out, though I have a slight doubt as to whether the runner-up was at his best today. Kinane didn't look happy from about five furlongs out and, though he picked up the front pair, I'm not sure he's run up to quite the same level as the last day. At the same time, Oxx has said he's a lazy sort and I was of the opinion that he lacked the pace to reverse the Ballysax form with Fame And Glory.

Mourayan clearly isn't a 10f horse

why they keep him away from the pace in these races I don't know, came under pressure a long way out again

Sure he couldnt go the gallop, he was ridden along from long before the bend and is just not good enough.

Disappointed they didnt let Red Rock Canyon bowl along there over a mile. Three Rocks has had a really busy season already and is not progressing for it.

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong backing Ghimaar, Proportional, Smart Coco and Mad About You?

Back