Leopardstown Sunday

Mad About You probably felt Monday's race and Summit Surge had a great record on decent ground and his time in Dubai was fruitful. I backed her but regretted it afterwards having looked at the race in a bit more depth.

Red Rock Canyon probably a bit one paced? Looked well although I'm surprised they haven't gelded him yet, despite his pedigree.

Actually...I correct myself. I just looked back at the video of the Ballysax on ATR and when Murtagh gave him a belt in the final furlong, his tail swished.....Maybe it is just his style.

That is worth noting. Can anyone think of a top class son of Montjeu that does not have a bit of a quirk? Galileo's on the other hand seem to be sound in body and mind.

Sure he couldnt go the gallop, he was ridden along from long before the bend and is just not good enough.

Would strongly disagree that he isn't good enough. Have you looked at his breeding? It screams out 12f+. His run style backs this up, he just can't go with a field of 10f horses but does plug on.

To judge him purely on 10f form would be an error imo.

I haven't got shares in the horse by the way :p..just think he is at the wrong distance.

Would strongly disagree that he isn't good enough. Have you looked at his breeding? It screams out 12f+. His run style backs this up, he just can't go with a field of 10f horses but does plug on.

To judge him purely on 10f form would be an error imo.

I haven't got shares in the horse by the way :p..just think he is at the wrong distance.

Because Fame And Glory is bred to be a ten furlong horse?

Whats more, earlier in the week you said this was a one horse race so clearly you thought Mourayan would win today.

Last edited:
I thought they would have ridden Mourayan more prominently which would have given him more chance...yep I did think he could win it if ridden to his strengths

what thats got to do with you thinking the horse is crap though I'm not too sure.

do you think all horses can all win at different distances?..I think you have to judge a horse on how it runs and its breeding..in this case both point to a stoutly bred horse...whereas FAG's relatives have a nice blend of 10f & 12f horse in the mix.

so because FAG can win at 10f but Mourayan can't does not mean the latter is a donkey

I thought they would have ridden Mourayan more prominently which would have given him more chance...yep I did think he could win it if ridden to his strengths

what thats got to do with you thinking the horse is crap though I'm not too sure.

do you think all horses can all win at different distances?..I think you have to judge a horse on how it runs and its breeding..in this case both point to a stoutly bred horse...whereas FAG's relatives have a nice blend of 10f & 12f horse in the mix.

so because FAG can win at 10f but Mourayan can't does not mean the latter is a donkey

Please give me one quote where I have said Mourayan is crap or a donkey.

Mourayan will get 12 furlongs well and probably improve for it but so will Fame And Glory if not more so. Fame And Glory is bred to get the trip standing on his head and is less exposed on the track.

Mourayan couldnt go the gallop today, like I said Kinane was niggling him along off a strong gallop (probably the strongest he has faced) so it was hardly an option for him to ride him much hardier without getting too forceful early on.

Fame And Glory is a better horse regardless of the trip.

Saw that tail flash ..he had the race won by then , wonder why the jockey thought he needed a crack at that time.

I would imagine they were keen to get a proper race into him today....based on the pace of the race and the use of the whip. Get the impression not that much is done at home these days with these staying type horses and development and improvement will come from their track runs more than anything else.

I think Fame And Glory is a better prospect at this stage than Sinndar, Galileo or High Chaparral when they won this race.

Fame and Glory will end the season as a 130/135 and Mourayan could be well placed by the genius Oxx to win a gr2 being a 116/117 horse.

Only and improved Crowded House in the Dante can be a danger for Fame and Glory in the Derby.

I don't agree that FAG has got the potential to improve as much as Mourayan at 12f..he doesn't to ..he is already showing his best..whereas I don't think M is.

your dismissive comment about not being good enough was what I was getting at..not good enough for what?..he just hasn't shown all he has got yet..FAG has..FAG will probably show similar at 12f..its just whether M is as good...I don't think either are clear cut Derby winners..FAG is a definate contender...I feel many backing FAG at 5/2 are on the... AOB..must be good because it wins easy bandwagon.

Yes FAG did it well today..impressed me..but the Derby has other contenders...so I will hold back on wetting me pants in excitement just yet.

I think Fame And Glory is a better prospect at this stage than Sinndar, Galileo or High Chaparral when they won this race.

Fame and Glory will end the season as a 130/135 and Mourayan could be well placed by the genius Oxx to win a gr2 being a 116/117 horse.

Only and improved Crowded House in the Dante can be a danger for Fame and Glory in the Derby.

making one hell of a lot of big statements there I reckon

good luck with the 135 prediction ;)

Fame and Glory will be more suited by 12 furlongs than Aga Khans horse.

Monteju - Shirley Heights cross winner of a gr1 as a 2yo in 10f on heavy ground, the horse is crying for a longer trip and a longer final straight.

I agree Suny, whats more we know O'Brien will have more to come from him for the big day. He is that sort of trainer.

Easy to get carried away with hype surrounding Fame and Glory after today's performance but surely even his biggest fans will admit 5/2 is a shocking price?

Easy to get carried away with hype surrounding Fame and Glory after today's performance but surely even his biggest fans will admit 5/2 is a shocking price?

I wouldnt necessarily back him at that price but I can understand why bookies would not want to lay it much bigger. Virtually certain to be ridden by Murtagh (bar an injury or a Freemantle romp in the Dante), guaranteed to stay, acts in soft and good ground, trained by a genius and owned by owners that showed their belief in him today by ploughing into him in the betting.

I wouldnt necessarily back him at that price but I can understand why bookies would not want to lay it much bigger. Virtually certain to be ridden by Murtagh (bar an injury or a Freemantle romp in the Dante), guaranteed to stay, acts in soft and good ground, trained by a genius and owned by owners that showed their belief in him today by ploughing into him in the betting.

you are his love child :p

Back