Leopardstown Sunday

I wouldnt necessarily back him at that price but I can understand why bookies would not want to lay it much bigger. Virtually certain to be ridden by Murtagh (bar an injury or a Freemantle romp in the Dante), guaranteed to stay, acts in soft and good ground, trained by a genius and owned by owners that showed their belief in him today by ploughing into him in the betting.

I did think that was quite significant myself.

He's almost certain to go off favourite on Derby day but I'd like to see what happens on Thursday before nailing my colours to any particular mast.

F&G looked a picture, today, he has a great presence about him and for a Montjeu he is very calm in the preliminaries. We knew he was a top horse and he will win a grp 1 this year but he is a big horse and I wonder how well he will handle Epsom.

Mourayan was very disappointing and didn't look as if he had come on physically from his first run and than went on to prove the point by running exactly the same as he did the last time. Maybe that's as good as he is but you would imagine he would have improved a bit.He was in trouble a long way out.The time was 4 seconds faster today than in the Ballysax... I'm not sure that's a huge difference but maybe time buffs have an opinion on that. Did Oxx rule anything in or out ?

The 1000 guineas trial looked a poor trial to me. Smart Coco is starting to look a shade ungenuine and wouldn't go through a gap today after pulling at the start. The winner is a a big scopey fiily but will need to improve a huge amount to be a serious Guineas contender.

Back