Lincoln/Dubai

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Thoughts?

I like the way the flat starts with these meetings on the same day. Shame it goes into hibernation again straight after.

I like Bronze Angel in the Lincoln. He's dropped down to a mark similar to what he won the Cambs' off of.

Dubai is a meeing I normally avoid as so many of the horses are unfamiliar to me but the Duty Free strikes as a good betting heat. I think The Fugue is vulnerable over 9f, her best form was over a mile and a half last season. I like Mshawish at around 7/1. He's had a couple of runs at Meydan already and seems to have progressed from last year. The Japanese horse is the fly in the ointment. Looks a likely Arc type that could be anything.

Ruler of the World seems short in the main event but who do you take him on with?

Amber Sky will win the Al Quoz if the rain doesn't arrive. If turf is fast, he'll bolt up. Literally bolt up!

Japan/Hong Kong have a serious team assembled this year too. Expect them to win 2/3 races.

Last edited:
Sheikh Joann Al Thani's Al Shaqab Racing have bought a 50% share in Ruler of the World.

I wonder what is Coolmore's angle here. Short term big money or long term link up?

Keep and eye out for Guest Of Honour in the opener at Donny ! very good horse who's season was ruined last year by running in the Arlington Millions, it took his toll on him but he will be fitter, stronger and fresher this year and should go well on Saturday.

Sheikh Joann Al Thani's Al Shaqab Racing have bought a 50% share in Ruler of the World.

I wonder what is Coolmore's angle here. Short term big money or long term link up?

QIPCO new sponsor of the Irish Champions Stakes. I presume the two are not unrelated

I would much rather the Dubai World Cup was last weekend so all the top jocks were back for the start of the turf season.

Rarely do anything antepost but took 14/1 Tullius for the Lincoln - not sure I am pleased the price has halved as its not always a good sign that everyone else is lumping on!

Tres Coronas would nearly have won the Cambridgeshire at this trip, and ran well enough at Wolves in what was clearly a prep race.

...I like Bronze Angel in the Lincoln. He's dropped down to a mark similar to what he won the Cambs' off of...
I was a potential backer of Bronze Angel before he was withdrawn. Shame really I would like to have seen how he did.

Being a fan of trends, I'm now going with Hi There who seems to ticks most of the boxes.

Last edited:
I am backing Spa's Dancer as I think he has a better chance than his price.
He switched trainers last year, now with James Eustace, (who had two big priced runners & places at Lingfield last week - so in form).
Spa's Dancer likes to be on the pace which I think is a good thing in this race, shows his best on soft going which is also key. Whilst he needs to put in a lifetime best, maybe now as a seven year old they've finally worked out the key to him.

Last edited:
Tullius fits the profile of a group horse in a handicap, but is short enough. Burano is a massive price, and ran well (2nd) on seasonal UK debut last year in a listed race at Kempton after a few runs in Dubai. Has returned again from a spell in Dubai, where he placed in blinkers, they are back on again today. 40-1 is way overpriced

Gone for Hamdan's runner in the World Cup, think I've sussed Haggas here, sounded very positive just now on the C4!

Last edited:
Burano is a massive price, and ran well (2nd) on seasonal UK debut last year in a listed race at Kempton after a few runs in Dubai. Has returned again from a spell in Dubai, where he placed in blinkers, they are back on again today. 40-1 is way overpriced

Burano a NR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ES QUE LOVE E/W, in the Cammidge over priced, returning to imo, what is the right distance, on the same mark as the start of his 4yo campaign. The ground is a concern, but he may like it as not a lot of previous to go on. Worth a punt at 25's e/w

I like the look of Sweet Lightning in the Lincoln. He’s 6lbs lower than when an impressive winner in 2011 and 2lbs lower than when a very clear winner of the Irish Lincoln last spring. He’s come down on account of a string of disappointing runs but O’Meara is a dab hand at rejuvenating them. I've also backed the double with Stand My Ground just in case there’s a stable plan for a big payday.

Others I wouldn't put anyone off in the Lincoln are Ocean Tempest, Spa's Dancer, Tullius, Balty Boys and Hi There.

I cannot for the life of me work out why The Fugue is not running in the Sheema Classic - she should have won the Breeders Cup Turf but for an ill-judged panic ride from Buick and was finishing best of all in HK . 9f looks much too short .

It smacks of a lack of confidence in the jockey .

Hope she bolts up though.

I cannot for the life of me work out why The Fugue is not running in the Sheema Classic - she should have won the Breeders Cup Turf but for an ill-judged panic ride from Buick and was finishing best of all in HK . 9f looks much too short .

It smacks of a lack of confidence in the jockey .

Hope she bolts up though.
agreed. she'd have been a backable price too i suspect.

her performance over 12 at york on fast ground was one of the best of the whole season last year.

ES QUE LOVE E/W, in the Cammidge over priced, returning to imo, what is the right distance, on the same mark as the start of his 4yo campaign. The ground is a concern, but he may like it as not a lot of previous to go on. Worth a punt at 25's e/w

Jack Dexter is surely a penalty kick?
Has 5lb more to carry than last year, but improved at least double that, and has a nigh perfect 7 from 8 on sft/hvy with his only defeat a close 2nd in a red-hot gp1.

Last edited:
I might be being dense here but why are the fillies/mares getting 5lb and not 3lb. Is this a time of year thing.

Jack Dexter is surely a penalty kick?
Has 5lb more to carry than last year, but improved at least double that, and has a nigh perfect 7 from 8 on sft/hvy with his only defeat a close 2nd in a red-hot gp1.

Agree Reet, should be a shoe-in, for Jack although both been turned over by Highland Colori, Jack giving six pounds in the Ayr Gold cup over 6f (gs) & over 7f for ESQ in a conditions at Warwick....IMO 25's which is was first thing is overpriced & it should make the frame....but what do I know, I live in Spain, have you seen what constitutes racing here LOL

Back