Lockinge

Yes, that was probably his best ever performance on my figures, and he can arguably go on from here.

Still a few pounds short of Brigadier Gerard, though...

Oh, and nice to see Queally getting through a race without making any semblance of a wrong move. Maybe the horse is teaching him too.

My gawd the Americans must be wanting him over there. Electric speed and even me ma just said she nevers seen anything like it:)

Last edited:
You clearly have difficult understanding, hence you're thinking of backing Excelebration to win. I don't have the time or inclination to explain it to you, everyone else seems to get it.

I put Frankel up under my real name to American blog writer Steve Haskin last year at the beginning of last season on his comments page and told him this was a champion in waiting. By the end of the year he was championing him to a wide American audience on his website.

Hence, you don't have to make people like me out to be the bad guy for thinking Excelebration is a very good colt. Clearly not as good as Frankel though. Today was just a bit of fun, nothing to get itchy about.

Last edited:
Yes, that was probably his best ever performance on my figures, and he can arguably go on from here.

Still a few pounds short of Brigadier Gerard, though...

How did that stack up to your figure for Hawk Wing in the Lockinge... wasn't that your highest rating for any horse?

I put Frankel up under my real name to American blog writer Steve Haskin last year at the beginning of last season on his comments page and told him this was a champion in waiting. By the end of the year he was championing him to a wide American audience on his website.

You don't have to make people like me out to be the bad guy for thinking Excelebration is a very good colt. Clearly not as good as Frankel though.

I have to agree with Marble here Steve. Although I believe Frankel to be one of a small handful of the best I've seen I backed Excelebration for a place today as the safer option.

on single form
todays was not in my first 3 figures for him

but he settles and has train on,

lets be prepared for a 145 figure if not better
best horse ever

How did that stack up to your figure for Hawk Wing in the Lockinge... wasn't that your highest rating for any horse?
I said at the time if the form could be taken literally then yes. Hawk Wing gave Where Or When (OR 123) a 25lbs beating. Third was Olden Times (OR 116) who got a 43lbs gubbing. EVen allowing for the soft ground exaggeratng the winning margins it was an unbelievable performance. However, on time ratings he was only 40-odd lbs ahead of the Cl4 maiden winner Lindop.

Then HW only had one more outing, in which he ran poorly and was retired. So we never got to see him back up that Newbury performance the way Brigadier Gerared did time after time and Frankel is doing.

Excelebration's form without Frankel..41111211111

at any other time would have been ranked one of the best milers in the last 20 years or so would have thought

You have to feel sorry for Excelebration, he should be a champion. As it is he is merely top class. Those who saw him as value today recognise his ability and are correct to do so. But if Frankel had not been in the lockinge they would have told us the value bet was ransom note or dubawi gold and told us that joseph was the weak link at the prices. Some days you guys look good.
I reckon at York in 72 you would have had Roberto as the value. Whoosh!
I know, I know, I just don't geddit!!

Back