Mccririck

If Mccririck used his space to drone on about workers rights, "oppressed" minorities, the evils of capitalism and how Israel is the most evil state the world has ever seen.....would you still think the same warbler?

be honest now :suspect:

The Labour MP for Mansfield approvingly describes McCririck as the man who "gets racing's ethos across to everyone"...

Mansfield is one of those constituencies where, it is said, you could put up a donkey as the Labour candidate and it would still get elected. We now have proof.

Originally posted by clivex@Mar 19 2008, 12:44 PM
If Mccririck used his space to drone on about workers rights, "oppressed" minorities, the evils of capitalism and how Israel is the most evil state the world has ever seen.....would you still think the same warbler?

Don't lose sight of the fact Clive, that you're talking about a man who shamelessly took the opportunity at Robin Cook's funeral, to launch a condemnation of Tony Blair and named the Caribbean island on which he was holidaying (against security protocols) and then went even further and turned his tribute took Cook, into an offensive euology to Margaret Thatcher (a politician whom Cook hated even more than Brown or Blair).

This is a man with absolutely no moral compass other than his own selfish believe that he, and only he is right, and his deluded notion that people want to listen to him because he has somethign worth saying.

His reaction on the following Saturday was interesting. He acknowledged that perhaps he should have listened to people who'd advised him not to do it. Clearly he shared his intentions and had been warned about the need to observe some sensitivity to the family and the circumstances that he was seeking to exploit. But with a complete disregard for anything but his own voice, he either couldn't see how inappropriate his conduct was or didn't care. The result was that he hijacked the occasion and turned the focus of attention onto himself at the expense of the deceased. Even then he could only go so far as to say he was sorry that the Cook family felt that way about what he'd said. The man is terminally arrogant in every corpuscle.

Alan Meale would do well to remember this incident too, and I can't personally think of a more shining example that so encapsulates everything so vulgar and unprincipled about this hypocrit who is so keen to chastise others whose conduct he finds distasteful.

That is a politicians evasive answer warbler... Didnt quite answer the question now did it? :suspect:

Totally agree about Cook's funeral. That was staggering stuff but im unsure whether it was immaturity rather than arrogance. For someone who is obviously not stupid he does seem to be emotionally stunted

One mistake there Warbler

There was no one in politics that Cook hated more than Brown. No one at all......

A man is cupping his hand to scoop water from a Highland burn.
The Gamekeeper shouts,

'Dinnae drink thon waater! It's foo ae coo's keech an' pish!'

The man replies,

'My Good fellow, I'm English. Could you repeat that in English for me.'

The game keeper replies,

'I said, use two hands - you get more that way!!!'

Wonder what a certain poster/moderator would have made of that joke if the "English" had been replaced with "Pakistani"

A man is cupping his hand to scoop water from a Highland burn.
The Gamekeeper shouts,

'Dinnae drink thon waater! It's foo ae coo's keech an' pish!'

The man replies,

'My Good fellow, I'm Pakistani. Could you repeat that in whatever language us Pakis use for me.'

The game keeper replies,

Originally posted by clivex

A man is cupping his hand to scoop water from a English Canal
The Gamekeeper shouts,

'Dont drink the water its full of *****'

The man replies,

'My Good fellow, I'm Irish. Can you say that again?"

The game keeper replies,

Sorry clive... it's just not up to the standards of Mr Capall. You see, it's the Scottish gamekeeper's dialect and accent that compels the drinker to ask him to repeat, which is what sets up the gag. An Irish person would likely understand 'Dont drink the water its full of *****' first time. So it just doesn't quite work.

Thanks for playing, though.

this thread reminds me of Stav's comment on TRF that got both us banned...even though only he said it :eek:

It never bothered you that me and Stav were from Pakistan did it Clive? norty

Originally posted by tetley@Mar 19 2008, 08:26 PM
Still getting to grips with this forum, didn't realize how many of you are still at school.
I have to agree that this thread took on a real bizarre twist. I am not sure if it was bordering on the rascist or not at times. Perhaps the "in" jokes were just to subtle for me? shrug::

Originally posted by Warbler+Mar 19 2008, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warbler @ Mar 19 2008, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clivex@Mar 19 2008, 12:44 PM

Don't lose sight of the fact Clive, that you're talking about a man who shamelessly took the opportunity at Robin Cook's funeral, to launch a condemnation of Tony Blair and named the Caribbean island on which he was holidaying (against security protocols) and then went even further and turned his tribute took Cook, into an offensive euology to Margaret Thatcher (a politician whom Cook hated even more than Brown or Blair).

This is a man with absolutely no moral compass other than his own selfish believe that he, and only he is right, and his deluded notion that people want to listen to him because he has somethign worth saying.

His reaction on the following Saturday was interesting. He acknowledged that perhaps he should have listened to people who'd advised him not to do it. Clearly he shared his intentions and had been warned about the need to observe some sensitivity to the family and the circumstances that he was seeking to exploit. But with a complete disregard for anything but his own voice, he either couldn't see how inappropriate his conduct was or didn't care. The result was that he hijacked the occasion and turned the focus of attention onto himself at the expense of the deceased. Even then he could only go so far as to say he was sorry that the Cook family felt that way about what he'd said. The man is terminally arrogant in every corpuscle.

Alan Meale would do well to remember this incident too, and I can't personally think of a more shining example that so encapsulates everything so vulgar and unprincipled about this hypocrit who is so keen to chastise others whose conduct he finds distasteful. [/b][/quote]
In the first case Clive allow me to congratulate you in condeming yet another example (and I have to say, they are all to frequent) of McCriricks totally inappropriate behaviour.

I've given your question a little bit more thought though (which is why I used a politicans answer originally). For the purpose of the answer, I will use your (British) definition of Left/ Right so as we avoid any confusion or side tracks.

I would personally find the left ramblings less offensive, but you knew that.

I should say on balance though, I get wound up by sanctimonious and inappropriate individuals spouting left wing ideals, when they have little comprehension of the philosophy, but they are 'trendy' to invoke. I personally wouldn't welcome (nor have I) people's interventions whom I regard as "intellectualy poor" and opportunist. I have riled against those who seek to exploit a platform to pedal a populist opinion (regardless of my own feelings) if I feel they misrepresent it (and worst of all - exploit it for personal gain). Such people (imo) do more damage than good. If you want McCririck as the organ for the disenfranchised right wing I suppose I ought to encourage you. I never liked Ben elton for instance (though his more subtle scripts were better than his stand up).

You mentioned elsewhere there McCririck was "clever" or "not stupid" (i forget which). I'd disagree. I think he's very stupid, but I'd put him in a different category "educated beyond his intelligence". It's a phrase I normally reserve for politicians or the royals, but it returns me to Alexander Pope rather nicely. As regards his great charity work, which was also used in mitigation, as this particular incidence reflects on both. Why has he been so obsessed on being the first person voted off both Big Brother and the Weakest Link? His performance on the latter indicated he wasn't that clever, yet he clearly went there with no obligation to win money for his appointed charity, but rather to pick up his own pay cheque. If he had a grain of integrity towards the charity concerned, surely he'd have hung on in there? Instead he rejoiced in his incorrect answers and his early demise.

I hope that helps?

If you want McCririck as the organ for the disenfranchised right wing I suppose I ought to encourage you

whoooaa

No way. His views are largely far removed from mine... Stop assuming that everyone to the right of Pol Pot (although was he right wing? ) can be lumped together.

But the fact that we are both fully aware of his views on just about everything (although i rarely watch the Morning line now) speaks volumes doesnt it? Is there any other sporting commentator or pundit whos views on politics are so familiar?

"educated beyond his intelligence".

I like that, but not entirely sure that it applies in his case. I always think of Ruth Kelly being a very good example of this

Alexander Pope's residence is a short walk from where i live. Just thought id name drop

I think you overestimate the depth of his expression of his political views. As I recall they amount to...

1. Wogs begin at Calais
2. Women should shut up.
3. Amercia should blow the sh!t out of Muslims

Is there other depths that I have missed.

Whether you like McCririck or not is a matter of opinion. I personally don't but he is one of the few out there to called a spade a JCB. In these days when ex jocks rule the broadcasting booths (Carson, Williamson, Francome, Ted) it was refreshing every now and again to get an off the cuff critique from Big Mac. You may not have agreed but it stirred debate. For example, he came out and said that Thornton beat the living daylights out of Katchit in front of him. Nothing wrong with that in my view and the way the conversation went, the guys were struggling to defend thornton. But it was a reasonable observation. Big Mac is like Eamonn Dunphy, Vincent Browne etc (sorry for anyone who doesn't know them). They are divisive individuals who have views, some right, most wrong, but still they encourage debate and viewing and listenting would be much duller without them. Tommo adds zip to C4. At least Big Mac stirs. I believe he will be a loss to racing in a time when there are very few out there willing to speak their mind (including several publications on both sides of the water).

While I wouldn't disagree with the latter, plenty would disagree about the former. But whther they are intelligent or not is not the point. That thay create an environment in which debate occurs is key and where I think Big Mac is useful. Who else would have dared ask Robert Thornton if he felt he beat Katchit. Even Ted and Francome were taken aback by his audacity to ask that question of a "guest".

Back