MCR Hurdle - Leopardstown 9th Jan

Steady on! I'm not having a bet just wondering if anyone else had heard the talk. Having said that I would strongly advice you take any early 7/4 or bigger.

PV into 4/1 and Final Approach into 8's - interesting - Waaheb best price 11/10 which is a bit skinny for me. He'll be my get out of jail horse today only if I need it!!!

River Slaney appears to be the one in that race OTB - Elizabeth Doyle and Katie Walsh teamed up for a bumper winner the other week and it's 16's or so into 8/1 early.

River Slaney appears to be the one in that race OTB - Elizabeth Doyle and Katie Walsh teamed up for a bumper winner the other week and it's 16's or so into 8/1 early.

Very interesting IS - Elizabeth Doyle knowsthe time of day - maybe Ill have to save on this one on my saver!!:eek:

Did anybody see the very very easy one that Philip Enright gave Domination in the maiden hurdle!! Talkabout the stopper McLernon !! Still will get a bollocking for finishing too close - if they had been serious they could have troubled the winner.

Two things about the bumper tomorrow. How does Willie Mullins not have a runner and has anyone else been hearing the cliches being banded about for Waaheb, Cheltenham bumper, catching pigeons, machine etc.

Hardly that surprising.

Blackstairmountain in 2009 was his first runner in the race since 2001.

McCoy put Townend away nicely - reverse jockeys, reverse result?

I just realised Townend didn't get a ban after Blackstairs Mountain yesterday. I'd love to hear how he managed that.

Total crapola: £2.50 e/w on Nos 11, 16 and 18 in the MCR. All to play for now on RODRIGUEZ with a massive fiver win single and covering £2.50 e/w. A total of £25 invested on the nags and a further £5 - all losing bets - on the canines today. So far, so good. One wants consistency above all.

Last edited:
McCoy put Townend away nicely - reverse jockeys, reverse result?

I just realised Townend didn't get a ban after Blackstairs Mountain yesterday. I'd love to hear how he managed that.

Yeah Townend went far to early on Tawaag who has plenty of toe. And I'd agree re Blackstairs. How he did not get a ban is beyond me. While I am all for protecting horses when they need to be, he did not hit him once. Three slaps down the shoulder having taken it up far too early again, just like at Fairyhouse last season against Luska Lad. Punters have every right to feel agrieved.

Townend kicked on just after the last at Leopardstown - taking advantage of the eventual winner's flat spot before that one went into top gear. I do not see what Townend did wrong yesterday - best horse won.

Townend kicked on just after the last at Leopardstown - taking advantage of the eventual winner's flat spot before that one went into top gear. I do not see what Townend did wrong yesterday - best horse won.

When I saw the last fence being omitted and they jumped the old second last, I thought Tawaag was a shoe in given the turn of foot he showed over hurdles. But I expected him to wait until inside the furlong pole to use it. If he had done a Zaidpour on it, he would have done the winner for a turn of foot. McCoy was not for committing the winner early so he would have hit his flat spot very close to the finishing line as opposed to soon after the turn-it.

Maybe I just don't see Townend with the same jesus like qualities as everyone else does. He's making mistakes on a regular basis now, some I'm sure due to riding instructions, some due to pilot error. Didn't the same happen Barry Geraghty before when he got all the Meade rides when Carberry was out. Had one great season and then started making mistakes.

Maybe I just don't see Townend with the same jesus like qualities as everyone else does. He's making mistakes on a regular basis now, some I'm sure due to riding instructions, some due to pilot error. Didn't the same happen Barry Geraghty before when he got all the Meade rides when Carberry was out. Had one great season and then started making mistakes.

He is 20 years of age...still learning which is the scary thing.

He is 20 years of age...still learning which is the scary thing.

He would want to be as he still has an awful lot to learn. Based on the past few weeks, he is a negative for a horse's chance at the moment, and it must be remembered any jockey can sit still and look cool when on a Mullins horse who has 20 pounds in hand.

He would want to be as he still has an awful lot to learn. Based on the past few weeks, he is a negative for a horse's chance at the moment, and it must be remembered any jockey can sit still and look cool when on a Mullins horse who has 20 pounds in hand.

Whats the list of horses that makes him a negative?!

Back