Murtagh at Ballydoyle

Regarding Joshua Tree, looks like just a share has been sold. He is now registered as owned by Derrick Smith, Mrs John Magnier, Michael Tabor and Khalifa Bin Hamad Al Attyah.

Interesting to see if this is a one off or a new player with Coolmore.

Colm O'Donoghue seemed to go out of his way to give the new co-owner a mention when interviewed, so it may be more than a one off.

The Ballydoyle horse in the last has all the speed you would expect from a son of Milan-definite lay to back in my opinion.

Laid at 6-4,a minute later he was 2/1.In running he was short before going 3.8 and back into 1/3 before my 4.8 was matched.Slow but game -he did well to win.

If I win the lotto on Saturday night how much would I have to pay for him.Could make a decent hurdler but just too slow for the flat.

I think he's a bit better than a hurdler. I thought he travelled well yesterday and quickened nicely to the front, idled when he got there and kicked on again when almost challenged. It looked a fair improvement on the other two runs this month. It's a big step up from winning a handicap of 86, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Coolmore persevering with him and maybe running in second rung 12-14f races next year. Maybe there's an Irish leger in him.

Last edited:
I think he's a bit better than a hurdler. I thought he travelled well yesterday and quickened nicely to the front, idled when he got there and kicked on again when almost challenged. It looked a fair improvement on the other two runs this month. It's a big step up from winning a handicap of 86, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Coolmore persevering with him and maybe running in second rung 12-14f races next year. Maybe there's an Irish leger in him.

Looks like he goes through the ring this week at Tattersalls HIT - a good few of the Ballydoyle horses have been withdrawn but he is not one of them.

Back