New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as you can see from my username I am primarily a National Hunt fan. I try and get to most of the big meetings and belong to a racing club. I have been reading the postings whilst awaiting validation of my registration and hope to add some postings in the near future.

Welcome!

You've joined just at the right time with the NH about to get seriously underway.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ivor and I live in Plymouth. I have been into racing for a few years, been a member of a few forums, lost loads of money. LOL
I run my own little forum, but only have about 16 members mainly due to neglect. I blame my 20 year old chicky (I am 51) for keeping me exhausted.

I am at the moment making my living from gambling mainly by using a reclaiming type software. I am a reclaim nut and it has taken me a long time to get dissiplined and work in a sensible business like manner. I work from a 4k bank (with a bit more in reserve) and make an average of 100 ish a day. I am though realistic and also have a private hire (taxi) licience for backup.

I hope to post a few interesting things later and in the mean time I am always on the lookout systems with short losing runs. Also, I never bet odds on to win. LOL

Good luck.
Ivor

Hi Ivor.
Great to see you mate.

This place is populated with very nice people and they are very easy to get along with,even though some float along on a cloud of self........................... :D

hi all and great site, i'm 21 and from Cumbria.
Got interested in the game since clerking for my mate, his dad's a bookmaker in the North and Scotland.

Favourite course: Newcastle or Aintree
Favourite jockies: Seb Sanders for the flat and G. Lee and local jockey Tony Dobbin.

Welcome to the forum, Wroey. There are several forumites who live north of the Watford Gap, so you may have a good chance of meeting up for an exchange of punting views and a few bevvies, if you're not careful! Dobbo is a great jockey, barely sighted down south so sometimes overlooked, but very adept.

Just found this forum, and it looks like there's some good banter to be had on here, so just joined up. I'm from Oxfordshire, work from home for myself, and I am such a poor self motivator that i get sidetracked far too easy come racetime and on goes channel 415 and down goes my productivity!!!

Favourite racehorses over the years See You Then, Twin Oaks, Edredon Bleu, Monsignor, Barton Bank, Memberson and Dublin Flyer, all because they've won me good money in one instance, and lost me a whole lot more on others!! At the moment I'm a big Trabolgan fan and have been since it;s bumper days, and I still feel there's a good race in Lord Sam (tomorrow at Cheltenham for starters!!), and I always seem to find myself backing Thisthatantother even though I know it's not good for my bank balance!!

I'm a regular punter who when I discipline myself do Ok, when i;m reckless, dont, if only i could discipline myself !!!

Hello there Bob Branch & welcome to the forum. You're in pretty good company as quite a few on here live in Oxfordshire - I lived near Wantage for a while & worked in Oxfordshire before I moved to sunnier climes! B)

Welcome Bob - from the sounds of your info you will fit right in here. Some real forum favs in there.

And I can totally relate to the part about self motivation!

Welcome aboard, Bob Branch - I can't do a thing in the afternoons other than stay glued to ATR and RUK presenting the jumps meetings. The camera coverage is terrific - we get so many interesting angles to the way the horses take the jumps nowadays, and such a lot of interesting interviews with the jockeys and trainers. And then afterwards, there's this great forum in the evening to take up a few more hours! :D Enjoy!

Hi All
My name is Helen & I live in the southeast about 20mins drive from the new racecourse at Great Leighs, I'm embarrased to say I've only set one foot on a racecourse once & that was 12 years ago at my home town of Bath so I suppose you could call me an armchair fan :rolleyes: I don't bet because A, I don't understand it & B, I can't afford it :lol: I'm more of a NH fan than flat, I worked with horses until my late teens but gave up after the birth of my son :( Haven't sat on a horse since sadly, became a racing fan in the era of Dessie & Aldaniti :D

Welcome Aldaniti. How's the course at Great Leighs coming on?

Only been that way a couple of times when it was the old showground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back