New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to have you join, Aldaniti. Enjoy the forum, just get stuck in wherever you like - there are some fervent NH fans on here with whom you should have some good debates and discussions. :)

Hi,

My name is Carol. My eight-year-old son and I enjoy both flat and NH racing. I am not a big gambler, but I do like to have a small bet when we are at the races. Our favourite racecourses are the Newmarket courses, Cheltenham and Newbury.

My main interest in racing is in pedigree research. I am writing a stallion reference book that concentrates on the tail male lines. I am interested in both the lines that extend to present day stallions and lines that no longer have representives. I am particularly interested in stallion lines that are almost extinct.

Does anyone else have similar interests?

Carol :)

Welcome Carol - hope you enjoy it on here.

I used to work for a bloodstock agent some years ago - my main job researching pedigrees which I loved doing. I have 2 broodmares, one a maiden (currently residing chez TH member) and another due shortly. I am going through an angonising time trying to decide which stallion to send my maiden mare to - narrowed it down to 3!

Apart from the 3 already mentionned there are a few more experts on here, so you should have plenty to keep you interested.

We also have graham, whom we don't see too often in the jumps season, who works for Weatherbys on the breeding research side

Hey PP.

Im into the breeding side of things as well. My father has a resonable sized stud farm standing a few stallions so kind of in the blood.

Prob not much help but always good to bounce some ideas of.

Hallo Carol and Skyliner - apart from the people Brian mentions (and Graham is probably only accessible via PM nowadays!), we also have a professional breeder on here, Songsheet (also the name of one of her winning broodmares). Er, Skyliner - which stallions does your father stand, and is there any chance of a discount for forumites' mares? ;) :D

weve got a son of danehill - danroad, beckett, indian lodge, and rambling bear.

Theyre all good value.

I was underbidder on an Indian Lodge filly at DOncaster last year - bit peed off I missed out - she was a bonny filly but Stuart Williams bought her. :(

Hes a lovely looking horse himself. Ive heard good reports on his stock but havent seen that many myself.

A bit late as I have already posted. But hello everybody, My name is Louise I am 28 and live in Southampton. I havve always been into Horse Racing since I can remember, would of gone to be a Jockey if I wasn't as tall as I am. Have worked in Bookies and riding stables in the local area. Currently I am a supervisor for an opticians. In my spare time I like to tend to my horse and dog, go out with my friends and spend time with my family.

Hope everybody will give me the chance to share my knowledge and in return I would love to gain knowledge from others.

Cheers

Lou

I think we all know who you are . You are like Doctor Who on your third regeneration

Well, the forum has served as the Tardis to others before: if I recall correctly, a certain Mr. Waters began life in it as a beautiful, rich, trophy wife, turned into a horse, and is now more or less himself. And there is at least one current forumite on here who's actually two, as it were, and one who was known under a different name but is now known as - y'know what, perhaps this IS a parallel universe after all! :blink:

None of the others with more than one identity serious or real has been banned from this forum twice

Hi Skyliner!

I know your Papa - used to work with him at Adstock many moons ago. In fact, I have a feeling I met you a few years back at Tatts December sales...

Small, small, world... :lol:

Frighteningly small world - and one in which you'd better not have too shady a past! :o

I think RAMBLING BEAR looks super, by the way.

Parppaparpaparpaparrrrrrrrrrp! *Bugle fanfare*

Hello. My name is Brave Inca and for the benefit of the odd deluded person on this forum, I am the actual racehorse, Brave Inca.

I was born on the 20th of April 1998 and I live in Co Wexford with 30 or so other horses.

I race for a living and I'm pretty good at my job. I have won half of my 22 races so far and earned close to half a million pounds. My ambition is to win the Champion hurdle at Cheltenham. I think I'm in with a good chance this year though before any of you say I have an easy task, I'd like to see one of you run 2 miles in less than 4 minuites with Tony McCoy on your back.

I don't talk to my family these days because I'm ashamed of my slut of a mother. Last time I checked, I have 2 half brothers and a half sister with none of them sharing the same father. As for my own father, let's just say his name Good Thyne carries with it a hint of irony. You know he was more than 4 times my mums age when I was born? The rat!

My best friend is a young girl called Feathard Lady. Thought I must assure you all that it's a purely platonic relationship since some bugger thought it would be funny to castrate me when I was barely a year old :(

Since my hoofs aren't that nimble, I get some lad to do the typing for me but he's a boring git and you wouldn't want to know about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back