New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum, Brave Inca. However I shall hold all bets on you for the CH until I am convinced you have stopped smoking. You'll never get up that hill with a lung full of nicotine.

Only just seen it - being very tired, and very old. Thank God we've got a real talking horse on here at last - I never thought the day would come when one of them would actually get online. Welcome, BRAVE INCA - hopefully your human scribe will be able to keep us up-to-date with your wellbeing. Glad to hear about FEATHARD LADY - she's a bit of a looker, isn't she? Never mind about the loss of your knackers, just having a bit of leg candy like that puts you way ahead of that flouncing nancy FIRST GOLD. Did you hear the rumour about him and KINGSCLIFF? They're not called iron hoofs for nothing, those two...

Thanks everybody. I just hope I haven't peaked already.

Of course I heard the rumour Krizon. My initials reading as bi? Not a coincidence!

I think I may enjoy it here, being the only forum in the WORLD which insinuates a homosexual relationship between First Gold & Kingscliff (of all horses!)

We're enjoying having you already, Brave. Just don't tell too many people about KINGSCLIFF, though, will you? He's been putting on a very stoic face back home, as it's such a butch yard, and that sort of thing is frowned on. He told his good pal ARMATURK, who confided in me (we're great chums) that he wondered how long he could continue to act straight, when he's dying to out himself. It surprised me, as I think it's probably surprised you, to find out that there's quite a cosy gay coterie among the top horses. They even publish their own newspaper: 'The Gay Brief', which contains Dating Ads. Here's one from last month's:

LEADING NH Chaser, bay, 16 h.h., sound, considered good-looking; seeks dynamic, petite, young-looking chestnut for fun times off-track. Must be available Sept-May, South. No crib-biters need apply. Discretion assured. Box 4456.

Hmmm... and who do you think that is, then?

He's fitting in just fine Songsheet, and a new chatty forum member with a sense of humour is always welcome! B)

Haven't seen him since the hunting programme was highlighted - has he been humanely destroyed by the Moderators?

Hi to all

Just joined up to this forum today so thought would post greetings to you all.

I'm a big NH fan, ex racehorse owner (part shares only) & do some work in the betting / gaming industries so plenty of various interests there!

Hope you are all enjoying Cheltenham and making it pay so far, pleased to say that I am ahead of the bookies by the end of day 3, just need to ensure it doesn't all go back to them tomorrow!

Cheers

Welcome, jaffa!

You'll fit right in here with your background, so get stuck into the topics and enjoy your new forum. You'll find the non-racing section good for general chat and help on all kinds of things - we have some very clued-up members. Your site host is Col, your Moderators are Songsheet, Ardross, Galileo, (yes, they are all real horses!), BrianH, and me, Krizon. Have a good time. ;)

:lol: :lol: That's exactly how it sounded when I put that up, Martin! Do you remember a sketch show (maybe 'Saturday Night Live' or something similar) where the hostess points out the emergency exits: "There... there... and there... which is tough luck for those passengers sitting there, there, and there!" :o

You are far too young, dear boy - but you might see it some time on those 'golden oldie' re-runs! :)

I'm not a new newbie but still a novice on the racing front in relative terms to the majority of posters here. I've only followed the jumps game for 3-4 years and wish to thank all regular posters who have, albeit unwittingly, added to my knowledge regularly. The Cheltenham previews and discussions here have given me a better understanding of form and how to assess each race. One day to go but a first profitable Festival beckons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back