New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin wanders despondently back into the valleys wondering if he'll ever find that special friend.

Hello everyone, I've just signed up as a new member. I recognise a few names here and some of you may recognise me from other racing forums because I go by the name of Arazi elsewhere as well.

I became a racing fan in 1989 when I watched the brilliant Nashwan win the Derby. Ever since that day I've been hooked on the sport. I enjoy both flat racing and national hunt equally, I get as excited watching the breeders cup as I do watching the Cheltenham Festival. I know that sounds scandalous to all you passionate National Hunt fans!

On the flat I consider Dayjur to be the best horse that I have seen. Over the hurdles it has to be Istabraq and over fences Desert Orchid closely followed by Moscow Flyer. Remittance Man is my favourite chaser of all and is the best jumper of fences that I have seen. Currently, Well Chief is my favourite horse in training. I'm hoping he manages to run to his best form this season so that he can dominate the 2m division!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing my opinions on racing with you all in the future. :)

Originally posted by Euronymous@Oct 13 2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome Arazi, my love affair with Racing started in `89 also.
It was a really good year to get into racing as well.

Desert Orchid going strong over the jumps and stars like Nashwan, Old Vic, Zilzal & Polish Precedent on the flat. Great stuff!

Hey Arazi. One of my favourite ever racing moments was when Brief Truce hammered you and Rodrigo De Triano at 33's in The St James Palace. Welcome and thank you for reminding me of that great day! :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the welcome Uncle Goober. I'm glad my username has brought you so much joy! :laughing:

Looking back, what a price 33-1 was for a horse of Brief Truce's calibre. He went on to run a cracker in the Breeders Cup mile that season, beating Arazi again!

I am a biological Welshman for Colin Phillips to befriend (he has PM-d welcoming me already!), and I even lived for 8 years in the Principality. Now exiled to West London, via West Yorkshire.

I am the same "prufrock" who posts elsewhere. In fact, I did register as "prufrock" on here a long time ago but forgot my log-in details and thought it best to start again from scratch.

Pleased to meet you all. Again, in many cases. :P

Fair enough, m'boy. I can understand that, we don't want any skeletons being discovered at a later date, do we!? :D

I think I might be an alcoholic in waiting, I'm not sure that I can afford it though. :shy:

Hullo all. I guess it’s about time I introduce myself after several months of lurking before finally joining. I hail from the south of Ireland and would like to apologise for Bertie Ahern in advance.

Raye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back