New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am new here and was just wondering if my name can have an extra L in Stallion please.

A bit about me, I'm a National Hunt fan. My favourite racecourse is Cheltenham (it's my local one too), but I also try to get to some of the other meetings each season, so this season so far, Worcester, Chepstow, Aintree, and Haydock. I went to Punchestown last year, my first time racing in Ireland and had a great time.

I love to watch the horses both in the pre-parade and the paddock, I also agree with a recent posting which said there is nothing better than standing close to a fence. It never fails to quicken the pulse, particularly the second last (downhill fence) at Cheltenham.

I was lucky enough to own a share in a grade one winning hurdler, and currently have a small interest in an as yet un-raced filly, who will hopefully run in a bumper before too long. Though she's a chaser in the making.

My favourite races are bumpers, and my long-term ambition is to get involved in the breeding side of horses.

New boy checking in. I keep my own speed ratings and find they tend to work better on the flat than over jumps. I love the spectacle of the jumps though and would love to find an angle to find more winners in the cold winter months.

Hi Newbie here
Developed my interest in the sport almost by accident when a stag do was organised to the races. Been hooked ever since and it's become a passion - can't read or watch enough of the sport.
My introduction was on the Flat but that did not create any bias and as mentioned above standing close to a fence always quickens the pulse.
When it comes to betting, still searching for the holy grail (lol) but I do like Trainer pattern analysis over the jumps.

Hello everyone. Thought I'd register in time for Cheltenham!

This NH season seems to be going by in a flash.

Thank you for the welcome!

Looking forward to talking nonsense about my favourite sport.

You'll find plenty of that on here! - but not much of it aobut the horses LOL
Welcome Katherine and all the other newbies

thought i would say hello as a new member love my racing both flat and nh,been lucky enough to have a share in a few legs over the years and have been quite lucky in my betting still back a few duffers though just like everyone else,but its a great sport to have an interest in and form opinions about.

"been lucky enough to have a share in a few legs over the years and have been quite lucky "

..................lucky you may have been but is that legal in this country?:blink:

What Colin actually meant to say was:

"Welcome to Talking Horses, endevour269!"

I echo his sentiments entirely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back