New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
UK All Weather Racing

Hola, as I am new to this Forum I thought I would write a few lines of introduction.

For my sins I am a Speed Handicapper a little bit Mordin, a little bit Beyer, a touch of Quirin and alot of personal interpretation specializing in UK AWT. I am happy to discuss and even argue my corner but I am also here to learn. I have some diverse ideas about speed handicap that do not conform to the usual rules.

I am hoping that I can even post a few nice priced winners as my angle is to look for selection over 10-1

Look forward to comments.

I'm another new member, found the site having seen reference to it on the betfair racing forum where I was engaged in an unfruitful search for intelligent discussion! Though I have to say their ante-post forum is very good!
I've spent thirty years betting on horses and just about keeping my head above water! I decided recently that I would back a little less and lay a lot more as my Honda is significantly older than the mercs the bookies seem to drive around in. The moment came at Town Moor (I live next door) when I lumped on forgotten voice at 4/7 with dettori up, convincing myself I was "buying money". Having placed the bet I saw the horse going down on the soft ground and realised it didn't like the ground- I looked at Mrs TM and said- "I'd be laying this if I was at home". On seeing it tail in a poor last, I looked at her again and said "thats the last time I bet odds on!".
I've started laying with a very small bank of £200 three weeks ago and now have £440 in there- so my retirement plans have begun! When that time comes, (and it can surely only be a couple of months away) I'll have time to fill, and will need to use the forums much more. In the meantime I'll look in every couple of days for a little intelligent discussion around my favourite sport.

Wecome, TM - you'll find plenty of horses to lay on here - only they masquerade as tips! Mine especially!

Hello everyone, my name is Simon Nott and I have some involvement in horseracing and have written about it from time to time. I am not the best versed in the form but do know a little bit about bookies and betting, though not picking my own winners. I look forward to learning from you good folk and indulging in some friendly banter now and again.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my name is Simon Nott and I have some involvement in horseracing and have written about it from time to time. I am not the best versed in the form but do know a little bit about bookies and betting, though not picking my own winners. I look forward to learning from you good folk and indulging in some friendly banter from time to time.

Welcome to the forum Simon; be careful of the one who calls herself Shadow Leader.

Dosage??? National Hunt?????? What's that all about!??!!?!?!?!!? Dosage is bunkum anyway, never mind applying it to NH!!! Common sense and a cursory knowledge of pedigrees should be more than enough.

Oh dear, do new members have to be KC registered?
Welcome to the forum NTF, somehow I don't think you will last long, but "c'est la vie"

Apologies, there's bit of a dosage split on here, it's a long running thing. You either love it or hate it - myself, I can't have it.

Welcome, NTF - even if you do live in Kirkcaldy! Don't worry about Shadow Leader - she is the Rottweiler of the forum at times, while the most the rest of us get to be are snappish Jack Russells! But she's highly knowledgeable, one of the fully hands-on horseys on here, so to be trusted with the facts, when she's not kickboxing one of us into bloodied submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back