New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Colin and to all other Talking Horses members.Some of you may have been part of the BBC 606 Horse Racing Forum and will no doubt remember me from there.
My background is given away by my choice of username as Arkle really was my boyhood hero,I have a picture of him by Gary Keane on my lounge wall and a photo of him jumping the last fence ahead of Mill House in the greatest Gold Cup ever run in 1964 proudly displayed in a glass cabinet.I am a bit of a statto and can name every Grand National and Derby winner since 1955 without any problems and gave Big Mac a few stats which he used on C4 Racing over the years too.
I have also had letters printed in the Racing Post as I really am passionate about our Sport and I championed the cause for AP McCoy to be voted Sports Personality Of The Year 2010 !
Look forward to some good banter and debate here and banging in winners and placed horses at the same time !

Hi all, new member and love all things racing, not a big gambler, like the odd flutter but more interested in the breeding side and seeing young horses develop into great horses. Love both flat and jumps and really excited about the irish jumps season ahead as I think we have 2 great gold cup hopes now which we haven't had for years, great flat yards that can take on anything in the world with O'Brien, Weld, Oxx, Bolger, Lyons etc.
Looking forward to seeing the forums through the year..........

Do they still ask you for a fiver for luck after you pay when you buy a horse in Ireland ulleyseys46..Welcome and have fun

Welcome ulleyseys46
By the way Tanlic, Ml Osborne RIP told a great story about Leo Collins who offered Sheikh Mohammed £20 luck after SM had bought a yearling of his:
SM refused to take it at first until MO explained the Irish tradition of a "luck penny". SM then accepted same , framed it and hung it in his office in Kildangan.
The horse was never again heard of.

Hi lads, newbie here. Been looking for a good Racing Forum for a while when i came across this, looks a good place with good knowledge and good banter! Looking forward to getting started. Cheers!

Hello to all, new member here, lover of horse racing .( say love, obsessional really). Used to follow the jumps lightly, sadly no time for the code any more, with Flat and all weather taking my primary focus.

Watching racing, is my primary handicapping tool, however i use all kinds of different figures and patterns from time to time.

Looks like a proper racing forum, , finally and yipee( i never knew such a thing existed)!

Looks all good and proper,

Cheers

Welcome to the crew Henry.

Will never forget him getting chinned by Ravens Pass in the QEII.... I couldn't have him beat and had a hefty double on him and Rainbow View and the missus backed Ravens... Sick.

Quick question to the admins: What happened to the site over the last few days, as i couldn't gain access? (No issues my end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back