Niel, Foy and Vermeille

betsmate

At the Start
Alpine Rose misses the Vermeille due to the ground. Disappointing.

Anyone want to try and pick a treble?

Was wondering what took you so long to start a topic on a top French raceday :)

I'm on both Cavalryman and Spanish moon for the Arc, so hope at least 1 puts in a performance today. Hard to see past Cavalryman, as whilst i respect connections, Beshestam (sp?) has never done anything on the track to impress me in the slightest.

Staeclita is bigger than I thought, trading at just over evens. I'm a big fan of Dar re mi, but in a race i consider a match race with Alpine rose out, Staeclita's price looks more than fair. However, I dont think she has a decent chance in the Arc, and hope she wins well here to make the market a little better for other horses.

The Foy comes down to two things
1. Whether Vision d'etat truly stays 1m4
2. Whether Spanish moon can continue to improve as part of his profile is not dissimilar to some of the old Stoute horses who won Group 1s.

Fancy Incanto Dream in the Gladiateur and taken 20's with Stan James. Very very unlucky in this last year and Kasbah Bliss got the run of the race (both Incanto Dream and the runner-up that day reversed the form in the Cadran), ID now receiving 2lbs from Kasbah (raced off levels in the Cadran) and is 2/2 first time out including over trips short of his best. Rates a good bet to me with Pointillisted the main danger.

Stacelita was far too big at 7/4 even accounting for the poor form of the Rouget yard and it being a "French-prep". Fancied Becqu Adoree at a big price too - still able to get 40's as she seems to be an improving type though smaller stable worries me some what.

Stacelita's price surprised me a little too, but I guess you always have to be a touch wary of trials. I'm a big fan of Vision d'Etat.

Fancy Incanto Dream in the Gladiateur and taken 20's with Stan James. Very very unlucky in this last year and Kasbah Bliss got the run of the race (both Incanto Dream and the runner-up that day reversed the form in the Cadran), ID now receiving 2lbs from Kasbah (raced off levels in the Cadran) and is 2/2 first time out including over trips short of his best. Rates a good bet to me with Pointillisted the main danger.

I was looking at getting Kasbah beat with Pointilliste, but I'll go back and look at Incanto Dream now then.

I reckon Spanish Moon can do Vision d'Etat, who probably won't be asked much today. The other two should go to the favs.

Was more interested in the other Khalid Abdullah horse myself Gareth in Crossharbour who put in a pleasing return at Deauville last month - he's likely better over further and I might be a victim of not going for the obvious given that I think Vision D'Etat is a much better horse at 10f than he is at the 12f of the Foy.

Remember the good old days when the BBC covered this? They couldn't even be bothered showing the closing stages of the Leger on the news last night.

Spanish Moon is far too big in my book, it should be much tighter between him and Vision D'Etat who I've never been convinced about. He can be a right monkey at times and Spanish Moon is an incredibly talented horse who is improving and just is scared of the stalls.

Magadan and Tsar De Russie both out of the Foy. No pacemaker in the race - Crossharbour might get a soft lead out in front :)

You can tell it is a big day's racing as the stalls handlers are up to their usual tricks.

Didn't expect her to get turned over but like all French trials she'll be trained for the big day next month.

Decent run from Becqu Adoree to take sixth (ok no return but not a bad run).

The Vermeille is not a trial . Perhaps that is just as good as she is - Dar Re Mi has now dispatched both Oaks winners . What a shame Zarkava wasn't kept in training .

Nothing there to worry STS in the slightest.

Last edited:
The Vermeille is not a trial . Perhaps that is just as good as she is - Dar Re Mi has now dispatched both Oaks winners.

Nothing there to worry STS in the slightest.

Fame and Glory went out to 7 on BF prior to the Vermeille, Stacelita was 5.8.

They just keep giving the value away. C'mon rain.

Time to start giving Dar Re Mi some praise, I reckon. Career record of 2133112232111 with three Group 1 wins, two Group 1 seconds, and assorted other Group wins and places. A great advert for keeping top fillies in training at 4.

This is a weak looking Niel. If the ground really is on the fast side of good then there is not much with form on it.

Back