Novice Chasers 2011-12

All things going well the Sun Alliance will be a cracking renewal. BW needed a race like that

Spot on. Didn't look very experienced but stayed at it very well. Not one to rule out at all, and is worth a very decent bet at 12s.

I thought he'd win today but even so, he ran on really on only his second chase start and like you say, Cheltenham will suit better.

I'm going off Mr Williams a tad. Bullshit lame excuse re Diamond Harry and he pulls For Non Stop out of tomorrow's mouth watering race. Poor.

Hope he's ok!

Grand Crus tore that field apart today but still worries me when he jumps.

How good the race was it's hard to judge Bob's Worth was a bit of a surprise package to Nicky Henderson and he could be a bit over rated but even if he was you can't take anything away from Grand Crus. there was plenty room for another couple of other novices to fit between him and the second had his Jockey asked more of him and he's a worth favourite for thre RSA.

If Bog Warrior makes it I'll be backing him but if he doesn't Crand Crus will be one of the shortest priced fav of the Festival and won't be carrying my cash. Plenty nice novice hurdler out there, that start at a similar price to what he might, that don't need to win Grade 1's to enable me to collect

Looking at the piss poor money on offer for the winner of tomorrows Wayward Lad (13k) and the winner of todays 2m chase in Leop got 55k why don't more British raiders target the Irish festivals?

Feltham form looks very robust to me. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if today's three filled the places in the RSA Chase.

Last edited:
Looking at the piss poor money on offer for the winner of tomorrows Wayward Lad (13k) and the winner of todays 2m chase in Leop got 55k why don't more British raiders target the Irish festivals?

Pipe sent a couple to Leapordstown, Notus 2nd, Sona Sasta tomorrow

Sir Des Champs a little fortunate today?

Emmet Mullins, the trainer's nephew, said: "I thought I had Knockfierna covered when she exited - she was getting backhanders the whole way and I was surprised she was still there turning in for home.

"I was full of running at the time and I was very happy with him today."

Not so sure myself, either way SDC must be upped in trip next time.

Pipe added: "He jumped and travelled, and will probably have one more run before Cheltenham - I'll discuss it with the owners but he'll probably have an entry in the Gold Cup as well.

"You'd be silly not to give him the Gold Cup entry but he's got plenty of time and a lot can happen between then (March) and now.

"We've seen what Big Buck's has done this year and for us to get as close to Big Buck's shows how good he is and how good Grands Crus is.

The Pipe thing would be awesome over 2m4 imo or even 2miles. No need for him to go over 3, in fact i think he will be most vulnerable at that distance.

Feltham form looks very robust to me. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if today's three filled the places in the RSA Chase.

Sonofvic will be in the shake up. I thought he gave Grand Crus more to do than the two today and that was his first run over fences.

The Feltham was faster and the Gold Cup has been the plan since he made his Chasing debut so no surprise to see him given an entry at this stage - think they'd be better targetting the novice races with him though.

Novices should stay novices. If they could turn back the hands of time and follow the earlier advice Beefy would have won at 4 festivals

Punchestown Festivals maybe, granger.

Martin, what's all this about the Gold Cup being the plan all along for Grand Crus? I have a modest bet on him at a nice price for the Gold Cup, but never really expected it to be live for very long, so interested to know what the story is. I also have a mate who has his Jackson's on Grand Crus fir the RSA Chase, and woukd relish the opportunity to wind him up a bit! :lol:

Posted elsewhere that I was topping up on Peddlers with a saver on Sprinter as present to myself for Christmas but only topped up on Peddlers and used the Sprinter money to buy extra gifts of flowers and lingerie for my wife. Hope I don't regret it later on but the extra gifts are after paying out twice already...:ninja:

Posted elsewhere that I was topping up on Peddlers with a saver on Sprinter as present to myself for Christmas but only topped up on Peddlers and used the Sprinter money to buy extra gifts of flowers and lingerie for my wife. Hope I don't regret it later on but the extra gifts are after paying out twice already...:ninja:

Three times.....your a very sound sleeper....

Good luck with that, Grassy - though, round this sharp track on lively ground, it could equally be his denouement.

Back