Novice Chasers 2012-13

He's 50/50 but I've been trying to persuade the him to send him to the festival and even sent him some of Merlin The Magicians jokes as a sweetener - some which I might add he included in one of his blogs last week. :D
I've just read some of Merlins jokes & think we're in trouble :)

Also read Kim Baileys blog. Never seen it before, but is a decent read & he obviously puts some effort into it

Franchoek makes his first appearance in almost three years in the Bishop Auckland Theatre Hooligans Novice Handicap Chase at Clonmel on Thursday.

The 2008 Triumph Hurdle runner-up has joined Eddie Harty from Alan King, and is a maiden after six starts over fences

The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) is pleased to confirm details of the three valuable Novices’ Handicap Chases announced earlier in the season as part of the trial of changes to the Novices’ Chase programme. The three races, each worth £60,000, will take place at Ascot, Ayr and Haydock, and will be match funded by the racecourses and the Levy Board. The races form part of the incentive to help boost field sizes in Novices’ Chases and in order to qualify horses will need to have run in at least two weight-for-age Novices' Chases during the season.

The race details are as follows:

April 7th Ascot (2m 0-145)

April 20th Ayr (3m 0-145)

May 11th Haydock (2m 4f Open)

Me too,have Dynaste at 7's,think the rsa is the easier race too.not big into laying off either.

They have another horse for the 4 miler,Goulanes owner wants to go to the rsa apparently,either the writings on the wall and Dynaste is Jewson bound or Pipes are plotting.

The trainer has been emphasizing the dfferences between Dynaste Grands Crus recently. Surely that smacks of letting him go RSA?

That was my way of thinking too euro but then he comes out with the Goulanes thing.Dynaste will be left in both til 5 day stage so time to sit tight and @rse to start twitching.

I wrote it down last year.....wait until the better action dries up and all the top yards are keeping their ammunition in cotton wool,they will be fighting or people's cash nrnb.week Monday I reckon.

Strange performance from Harry Topper. I can't remember him making any serious errors before but today looked like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe the trainer was right and he is a weak horse who had already done enough for the season.

Strange performance from Harry Topper. I can't remember him making any serious errors before but today looked like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe the trainer was right and he is a weak horse who had already done enough for the season.

Tweet by a peeved Kim Bailey

Disappointed that the Racing Post said that Harry Topper fell on their write up, Facts right please.. He was an UR!

Terrible run CL. Out the back most of the way around until pulling up. Never looked happy the whole way round. I'd be watching him next time out till picks up.

Horse was never put in the race...very obvious confidence booster following his fall. But i'd reckon he's still not quite right.

BSB - never jumping well - that terrible fall at Cheltenham looks to have knocked the stuffing out of him good and proper . Take him home - turn him out and start afresh in the autumn I say .

The beginners chase this evening at Gowran looked quite strong for the time of year. the first and third, Toostrong and Johannisberger are both very big scopey horses, and both of them and the runner up could figure in handicap company.

Toostrong looked at home on the better ground, and it wouldn't surprise me if Mullins saw him as a possible Galway Plate horse.

Kians Delight not qualified by one day for the Summer Plate. Galway may be a target for him and also Ballyvesey if theres a nice 3 mile chase there. Otherwise Chelt oct meeting

Back