Novice Chasers 2012-13

Looks Like Trouble's win at Down Royal was a superb spectacle and it was a great shame that his career ended that day.

Nick Dundee was a machine, the horse that returned was shadow of his former self. Prior to his injury he was unbeatable (if he stayed up :-))

Dynaste will have final prep for Cheltenham at Newbury February 11th.He's been entered in the rsa and also the world hurdle,preferred route over fences but they want to see how the WH cuts up.davidpiperacing.com

Dynaste will have final prep for Cheltenham at Newbury February 11th.He's been entered in the rsa and also the world hurdle,preferred route over fences but they want to see how the WH cuts up.davidpiperacing.com

So those are the only two options, not in the Jewson? Very strange - I can see why they might think of the World Hurdle for a horse like Tidal Bay but Dynaste was beaten out of sight in the World Hurdle last year and is 5/2 for the RSA.

Last edited:
He says on his website the preferred route being fences but they have left him in the WH "because if you are not in it you can't win it" apparently.I can't see any other route other than rsa

Nick Dundee was a machine, the horse that returned was shadow of his former self. Prior to his injury he was unbeatable (if he stayed up :-))

Trevor Hemmings owned Nick Dundee and he was staying at Monymusk Stud near Kanturk.
Anyways he was overstocked and needed rid of a few stores.
His farm manager Greg decided one horse had to go; he was a b*****d to get into or out from stables so was sold to Eugene O Sullivan, who trained Hemmings' first Irish winner The Hen Hut.
That horse was Nick Dundee.
Come Cheltenham Greg had so much grief got about his "Judgement" he declared that if ND fell he wold be heard cheering miles away.
I am sure I heard him!

Thanks for that. Something I have thought about before. Leaving that sort of decision to the discretion of the person who has to deal with a ******* on a day to day basis is probably not the best way to operate.
I mean they're going to get rid of the ones that give them the most grief.

I noticed they dolled off one of the fences at Cheltenham because of stading water at the track. Water that was all over the place at Leopardstown. Jess has been running Oscar's Well in the wrong races on the wrong ground all ******* season. I'll be pissed if she misses the Festival with him for some tin pot race at Fairyhouse.

Nah - he was beginning to struggle with LLT - hence he made the mistake
:D Bullshit comes to mind.

Norman Williamson:We were absolutely cruising and I went 'one-two' but he went 'three' straight into the fence.

PaulCarberry :To me Nick Dundee was going very easily

The Racing Post: Joined but still going easily

Nah - he was beginning to struggle with LLT - hence he made the mistake

Out of the many "what ifs?" in racing, this is one I would love to have played out, given Looks Like Trouble's career.

The business end of the race was yet to be reached.

:D Bullshit comes to mind.

Norman Williamson:We were absolutely cruising and I went 'one-two' but he went 'three' straight into the fence.

PaulCarberry :To me Nick Dundee was going very easily

The Racing Post: Joined but still going easily

LLT was still going very easily too and went on to win a Gold Cup . :lol:

Irish Arkle disappointing yesterday. Never fully warmed to AL and Oscars Well didn't just seem to get home. Better ground may improve him a bit but disappointed in him thus far.

After last years lot, this years lot of novices from Ireland are a poorer lot.

Boston Bob will want to see a track again very soon. Imagine AL will have to have a prep race before March.

Have Gigi any decent novice chaser this season? None springing to mind

Goulanes looked a real National Hunt Chase horse in the Towton yesterday. Got outpaced at one point I thought but stayed on really well. I'll be surprised if he has the pace for the RSA though.

Back