Novice Chasers 2012-13

There could be a fair few worth following from that Champion PTP bumper. Acouple have been purchased by Giggingstown - 3 have won under rules - Torn Asunder & Dushremrant are entered Oct 21 - although Free to Dream hasn't shown much since.

Fairyhouse (IRE) Result
09 Apr 2012
« 4:10 » Racing Post Champion Point-to-Point INH Flat Race (Geldings)
(4-6yo) 2m2f Good To Soft
RESULT
HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

2d Rogue Angel (IRE) 12/1 4 10-13 P M J Doyle — Mr R P Quinlan5

1 shd Balnaslow (IRE) 4/1 5 12-0 W P Mullins —Mr P W Mullins

3 1¾ Mr Watson (IRE) 25/1 5 11-9 M P Sunderland Mr C Motherway5

4 6 Torn Asunder (IRE) 12/1 5 12-0 Gordon Elliott — Ms N Carberry

5 ¾ Forever Gold (IRE) 25/1 5 11-11 Edward Cawley Mr A T Duff3

6 3½ Sraid Padraig (IRE) 11/1 6 11-7 A J Martin — Mr C W Fennessy7

7 4 Legal Exit (IRE) 10/1 5 11-11 J H Culloty — Mr M M O'Connor3

8 3¼ Teelin Star (IRE) 8/11F 6 11-11 P Hughes — Mr C J Sweeney3

9 ¾ Free To Dream (IRE) 25/1 5 11-7 M O Cullinane — Mr R P Geoghegan7

10 ½ Dushrembrandt (IRE) 25/1 6 11-9 Robert Tyner

Dushrembrant wins - got 26 betfair

Doyle was told by Flynn to be in the front rank at Gowran which he failed to do -he was on the phone during the week pleading for one last chance.
I got wiped out over the last 3 days( it happens) and didnt have a bet.To make things worse I was at a work related meeting and as I left I got a text from my brother saying that he thought the jockey looked after Moon Dice-I presumed that meant he got a nice spin around and finished 3rd or 4th.Only saw the result half an hour ago-nearly got sick.

Can't wiat to see Buckers Bridge over a fence - hot enough races with the likes of the Gigginstown pair and The Westener Boy in them too :)

according to Henderson simonsg has been jumping fences very well but that dosnt mean a decision has been made whether its chasing or hurdling for him this year a decision will be made soon
but whether he goes hurdling or chasing he will be kept over 2 miles

Love Mount Benbulben but I was told last season that he'd had back issues and given his jumping in points was at best moderate he might be worth opposing today. No idea what with mind but just looking forward to seeing him, Buckers Bridge and the Giggi pair (Panther Claw and Carry Each Other - particularly the latter of the GHS horses) over fences.

Martin

Nice 3m beginners chase at Exter today Gullinbursti, Harry Topper and THEHILLOFUISNEACH all interesting new recruits to fences but it's Nicholls Rocky Creek that really interests me. It's a long way to go but It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be Nicholls nr.1 RSA horse.

Nice 3m beginners chase at Exter today Gullinbursti, Harry Topper and THEHILLOFUISNEACH all interesting new recruits to fences but it's Nicholls Rocky Creek that really interests me. It's a long way to go but It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be Nicholls nr.1 RSA horse.

I think it would be less than an hour from Nicholls stables to Exeter racecourse.
I would be very surprised if he turned out to be his RSA horse but he's a likeable sort who should win a couple of novice chases, rated 139h he will probably have to find a stone + improvement to be a RSA horse. (possible - good luck)

I'm rather intrigued that according to the SL one of the tipsters in one of the dailys has napped Quix in the Best Mate Beginners Chase at Exeter which can currently be backed at 200-1.

Something of that ilks Relk :lol:

Only positive I can find is that this time last year he ran his best race to date (3rd beaten nearly 30 lengths :whistle:) first time out for the season at Exeter where he starts again today.

Worth a very very small each way bet for the hell of it ?

I think it would be less than an hour from Nicholls stables to Exeter racecourse.
I would be very surprised if he turned out to be his RSA horse but he's a likeable sort who should win a couple of novice chases, rated 139h he will probably have to find a stone + improvement to be a RSA horse. (possible - good luck)

As Hamm said I meant a long way to the RSA not Exeter:D

I recall he was well thought of on the Irish point scene and was never really going to make a decent hurdler being bred for chasing. He definitely looks a Nicholls type horse. Perhaps I'm letting sentiment cloud my judgement a little as I was a big fan of his brother who I fancied could have gone right to the top. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a Silverburn:D. Still one to keep an eye on for me.

Video's of Nicholls open day are online and this horse gets a mention and I think he was very,positive about him but my memory is not great so don't quote me.....

It's on the betfair novice chasers vid on YouTube. Rocky creek is first up, he says he is one to follow but that could mean anything. Says he is a 3mile chaser though.

Carlito Brigante runs tomorrow again at Aintree - maximum lay on a flat track after long journeys two weeks in a row. He's barely off the truck and they load him up again:blink:

Back