Novice Chasers 2012-13

We had to put him down guys. Both front legs. Actually went before the fence. Heartbreaking really,he meant an awful lot and looked beautiful

That really is tragic news as I've followed this horses progress ever since he won his bumper. My condolences to all involved with him and may he rest in peace.

I see Mount Benbulben is entered up in a contest at Punchestown on Wed. He was disappointing in the Albert Bartlett but I'd like to think he'll be a better chaser.

I think we saw a very nice horse in the last at Limerick yesterday.

There was a very unfair start to the race, with the front row being allowed to get off to a flyer. Unfortunately it didn't help Teelin Star, who went at the first. A steadier start might have helped.

No doubt Robbie Power was told by the enigmatic (ahem) trainer to give Sraid Padraig a quiet introduction, and he was already 20L back at this stage. His very good jumping gradually brought him into the race, however, and even though orders were followed he ended up winning the race in some style. He is a very handsome horse and his ptp form looks very good.

While I'm sure Sraid Padraig would not have been asked to get into a battle with Teelin Star yesterday if that one had stayed on his feet, the outcome next time they meet is up for discussion.

Last edited:
i think i would find it very hard to own a jumper for that very reason. So sorry to hear that Roddy. Tough one

Interesting chase at Punchestown tomorrow

(4:25) 280E Panoramic Restaurant Beginners S'chase
€8,280.00 ( 2m 4f - 4yo+ )[MAX 18]

1 Benash (JGCarr) - AndrewJMcNamara...... 11,12
2 Carry Each Other (MFMorris) - . ................ 11,12
3 Castle Anshan (TO'Brien) - TJDoyle ......... 11,12
4 Cloone Springs (CFSwan) - JLCullen ....... 11,12
5 Followmeuptocarlow (TDonohue) -
BHayes(5) .................... 11,12
6 Lord Lir (DMO'Brien) - . .............................. 11,12
7 Mattara (CBowe) - SWFlanagan ................. 11,12
8 Mount Benbulben (GElliott) - DJCondon ... 11,12
9 Panther Claw (PNolan) - . .......................... 11,12
10 Prince Rudi (STNolan) - IJMcCarthy(3) ..... 11,12
11 Sweeney Tunes (GB) (PNolan) - . ............. 11,12
12 Sword Of Destiny (NMeade) - . ................. 11,12
13 Boss Croaker (RTyner) - PTEnright ........... 11,10
14 Lyreen Legend (DTHughes) - BJCooper ... 11,10
15 Merrydown Vintage (DTHughes) -
MAEnright(5) ............... 11,10
16 Present Potential (MFMorris) -
DJCasey(T) ................. 11,10
17 The Westener Boy (CAMurphy) -
MPWalsh ..................... 11,10
18 Banjaxed Girl (GB) (LadyJFowler) -
RMPower ..................... 11,05
19 (R1) Popaflora (GB) (PJRothwell) -
BTO'Connell ................ 11,12
20 (R2) Happy New Year(99) (OMcKiernan) -
MDarcy ........................ 11,12
21 (R3) Baily Dusk(95) (MFMorris) - .(T) ................. 11,12

Indeed, but he looked the same to me before Cheltenham last year. I think he will win several novice chases in deep ground so hopefully that and Elliot will build up some hype around him again.

Sword of Destiny is an interesting runner. Anyone know why he didn't reappear after his big win in Cork last season?

Banjaxed Girl is also respected.

Lyreen Legend might be close to favourite.

Then we have The Westener Boy, Carry Each Other and Panther Claw...all of whom could be anything.

Yes hamm in a review of his prospects in the RP (Not a stable tour as such) he commented he is looking forward to him over fences

panther claw looks an interesting newcomer

I think we saw a very nice horse in the last at Limerick yesterday.

There was a very unfair start to the race, with the front row being allowed to get off to a flyer. Unfortunately it didn't help Teelin Star, who went at the first. A steadier start might have helped.

No doubt Robbie Power was told by the enigmatic (ahem) trainer to give Sraid Padraig a quiet introduction, and he was already 20L back at this stage. His very good jumping gradually brought him into the race, however, and even though orders were followed he ended up winning the race in some style. He is a very handsome horse and his ptp form looks very good.

While I'm sure Sraid Padraig would not have been asked to get into a battle with Teelin Star yesterday if that one had stayed on his feet, the outcome next time they meet is up for discussion.

I spotted that one about 5mins before the off and noticed it finished in front of Teelin Star in a Champion point to point bumper so had to have a go, also had £4 place as a saver and he'll definitely be one to follow for me.

Sraid Padraig * 39.33 6.00 Back 230.00
Sraid Padraig * 3.81 28.00 Lay -78.80

I did the same as you, Chef, backed him at big odds and laid him at shorter :)

If he'd been with almost any other trainer I would have let the original bet ride and cancelled the lay once Teelin Star was out of the race. :rolleyes:

I did the same as you, Chef, backed him at big odds and laid him at shorter :)

If he'd been with almost any other trainer I would have let the original bet ride and cancelled the lay once Teelin Star was out of the race. :rolleyes:

There could be a fair few worth following from that Champion PTP bumper. Acouple have been purchased by Giggingstown - 3 have won under rules - Torn Asunder & Dushremrant are entered Oct 21 - although Free to Dream hasn't shown much since.

Fairyhouse (IRE) Result
09 Apr 2012
« 4:10 » Racing Post Champion Point-to-Point INH Flat Race (Geldings)
(4-6yo) 2m2f Good To Soft
RESULT
HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

2d Rogue Angel (IRE) 12/1 4 10-13 P M J Doyle — Mr R P Quinlan5

1 shd Balnaslow (IRE) 4/1 5 12-0 W P Mullins —Mr P W Mullins

3 1¾ Mr Watson (IRE) 25/1 5 11-9 M P Sunderland Mr C Motherway5

4 6 Torn Asunder (IRE) 12/1 5 12-0 Gordon Elliott — Ms N Carberry

5 ¾ Forever Gold (IRE) 25/1 5 11-11 Edward Cawley Mr A T Duff3

6 3½ Sraid Padraig (IRE) 11/1 6 11-7 A J Martin — Mr C W Fennessy7

7 4 Legal Exit (IRE) 10/1 5 11-11 J H Culloty — Mr M M O'Connor3

8 3¼ Teelin Star (IRE) 8/11F 6 11-11 P Hughes — Mr C J Sweeney3

9 ¾ Free To Dream (IRE) 25/1 5 11-7 M O Cullinane — Mr R P Geoghegan7

10 ½ Dushrembrandt (IRE) 25/1 6 11-9 Robert Tyner

Even allowing for the deep ground there it is plain that Trifolium is not a Champion Hurdler in the making. Needs to go chasing.

A couple of decent novice chases at Cheltenham tomorrow.

The 3 miler looks pretty good for this time of year and will be probably back Sea of Thunder if the price is right

2m 4f race does not look as strong, but hopefully Carlito Brigante (who I never get right) makes the market for Go All The Way

Back