Novice Chasers 2012-13

Masters Hill very impressive for Colin Tizzard yesterday at Chepstow - looks like he could progress into being a decent Novice having beaten some 130+ rated hurdlers well, stamina looks his forte though on what we've seen so far.

Martin

I'm amazed at how quickly some of you guys dismissed Overturn. Were not talking about the 2015 Champion Chase here we're talking the up and coming novice season and he's got a lot more going for him than most.

He's been one of the most precise jumpers of a hurdle I've seen over the last few seasons barely ever putting a foot wrong. He's got a great eye in his head and accurately measured his hurdles at speed fences should be no different and he doesn't ping his hurdles he bends his back and jumps them.

The very fact he's a bold front runner with bags of speed will have most novices gasping for air by halfway and I can see him easily running up a sequence and putting himself bang there in the Arkle picture.

Some said to me the other day he didn't have an Arkle profile but in truth there's no such thing. All sorts have won the race from Champion Hurdler Sir Ken to Tidal Bay to the brilliant Sprinter Sacre and the only thing they had in common was they had/have 4 legs.

There could be a fair few worth following from that Champion PTP bumper. Acouple have been purchased by Giggingstown - 3 have won under rules - Torn Asunder & Dushremrant are entered Oct 21 - although Free to Dream hasn't shown much since.

Fairyhouse (IRE) Result
09 Apr 2012
« 4:10 » Racing Post Champion Point-to-Point INH Flat Race (Geldings)
(4-6yo) 2m2f Good To Soft
RESULT
HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

2d Rogue Angel (IRE) 12/1 4 10-13 P M J Doyle — Mr R P Quinlan5

1 shd Balnaslow (IRE) 4/1 5 12-0 W P Mullins —Mr P W Mullins

3 1¾ Mr Watson (IRE) 25/1 5 11-9 M P Sunderland Mr C Motherway5

4 6 Torn Asunder (IRE) 12/1 5 12-0 Gordon Elliott — Ms N Carberry

5 ¾ Forever Gold (IRE) 25/1 5 11-11 Edward Cawley Mr A T Duff3

6 3½ Sraid Padraig (IRE) 11/1 6 11-7 A J Martin — Mr C W Fennessy7

7 4 Legal Exit (IRE) 10/1 5 11-11 J H Culloty — Mr M M O'Connor3

8 3¼ Teelin Star (IRE) 8/11F 6 11-11 P Hughes — Mr C J Sweeney3

9 ¾ Free To Dream (IRE) 25/1 5 11-7 M O Cullinane — Mr R P Geoghegan7

10 ½ Dushrembrandt (IRE) 25/1 6 11-9 Robert Tyner

Rogue Angel 1/6 & Free To Dream 14/1 both win today :D

Mr Watson
ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

2Nov12 1:00 (Four Day) at Wetherby, Wetherby Racecourse & Conference Centre "National Hunt" Novices' Hurdle

Last edited:
If he gets an entry in the Paddy Power chase at Leopardstown I will be extremely interested.Alternatively the Irish National.He was the best horse on today's race IMHO.

de bromhead should do well this season he seems to have quite a few promising horses despite the fact that sprinter sacre will beat Se in the QM

A winning chasing debut for Buckers Bridge - might not have been had Sword Of Destiny jumped the last straight though. The pair look very useful and came a mile clear of the French trained third :)

Martin

They looked like 2 drunks on the run in.Maybe Henry could get his horse fitter but at best they would have a chance in the 4 miler at the festival.

Was looking at 2011 Sun Alliance Hurdle last night and for a large part ofthe race Oscars was absolutely galloping over Rock on Ruby and First Lieutenant.
Darwins Fox ran well and should pick up a nevous chase this season.

Was looking at 2011 Sun Alliance Hurdle last night and for a large part ofthe race Oscars was absolutely galloping over Rock on Ruby and First Lieutenant.
Darwins Fox ran well and should pick up a nevous chase this season.

Dont be cruel with me
I am still assimilating the Orfevres story, and you remember me that race

whats next ?
Hawk Wings ride in the Guineas?

Oscar Wells impressive
best novice chase debut since Sprinter Sacra last year

Oscar Wells is a very very good prospect
it was surprising he was running over hurdles last year but still has time on his side

Oscar Wells impressive
best novice chase debut since Sprinter Sacra last year

Oscar Wells is a very very good prospect
it was surprising he was running over hurdles last year but still has time on his side

Was impressed myself suny

opened up a nice gap for himself. One to keep an eye on

Back