Novice chasers 2013/14

Yes, the addition of the bumper makes it more feasible for a horse to win three different festival races. Some day we might even see a horse win four.

Given the way Rebel sweats up before his races it will be interesting to find out how he copes with such a trip.

I'm not really in jumps mode yet but I liked the performance of Le Bec in the 2m4f novice chase at Uttoxeter yesterday. May run at the Cheltenham opening meeting the week after next, apparently.

With Pont Alexandre and Un Atout both on the sidelines I wonder if there is any chance that Briar Hill might go novice chasing (realise different connections)

Grandouet looks to be staying hurdling,although I wouldn't trust their radios.With the injuries and likely other engagements Rebel Fitz stands out at the prices for me.In another yard it would be half the price

2:20 at Carlisle tomorrow looks a nice little beginners chase with Eduard, Pendra and Tour D'Argent

Eduard would be my fancy, but whether I get involved or not, will be price dependent

I'm having a small interest in Eduard at 2/1...

Another nice novice coming out tomorrow, with Wonderful Charm declared for the 2.20 at Fakenham. I love this time of year!

Also, the racecourse should be congratulated for the relatively decent prizemoney they have put on. From a quick check, it looks higher than Newbury have stumped up

Really looking forward to Wonderful Charm going over a fence. Could be a proper horse.

His sire seems to produce better hurdlers than chasers, many stick to the smaller obstacles . Wasnt Nichols Polisky out of the same sire and regressed over fences last year. It will be interesting to watch how he gets on tomorrow.What about your yoke when he back out, surely got his ground now.

He gets plenty of decent chasers too to be fair Frontrunner - Saint Du Chenet, Lucky To Be, Still Loving You, Polipa, Berryville though take your point as he does have some ridiculously talented hurdlers with the likes of Nikita Du Berlais.

Martin

His sire seems to produce better hurdlers than chasers, many stick to the smaller obstacles . Wasnt Nichols Polisky out of the same sire and regressed over fences last year. It will be interesting to watch how he gets on tomorrow.What about your yoke when he back out, surely got his ground now.

30th at Carlisle Bri. Not as much rain up here.

55 out of 106 Paul Nicholls chasing debutants have now scored since Oct 1996.Not sure anyone can better that.

Back