Novice chasers 2013/14

I thought Don Cossack did it well
Have been looking forward to seeing Taquin Du Seuil over a fence and he goes this afternoon at Fos Llas. Too short to back, but will go OK on the heavy ground

Correct, Martin. Hoovered some 85/90 over the weekend - kind of early no-hoper to instill the old misplaced confidence. :D

Mullins has at least confirmed he goes chasing. Has good attitude, imo.

Wouldn't get too carried away just yet though Grass.

Full quote from Mullins in today's stable tour was "A new acquisition for the Gigginstown team. He achieved a good standard for us as a novice hurdler and looks a typical chaser - he's an exciting prospect for that game, probably in the staying division."

Of course if he is alluding to the horse ultimately ending up in staying chases then we all know that running in and winning an Arkle can still be a pre-cursor to that but it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see the horse go the Jewson route.

Would also have my enthusiasm curbed somewhat by the fact that he has to date only been run on slow ground.

That's fair enough, Lee.....prices taken compensate to an extent....I expect I'll fire several more arrows at the Arkle before I'm done

Yes and 90 is fair compensation :)

Also, nearly every horse on Mullins' list had the word "stamina" or "staying" in it so either he has a team full of Back In Focuses or he's typically none the wiser as to which events they'll be aimed at.

As stated elsewhere, an embarrassment of riches.

Arkle winner. 10s great value, as Champagne Fever aside, who may well go for the Jewson or RSA, what do you fear from last year's novice hurdlers?

Back