Novice chasers 2013/14

To my eye it looked like Wonderful Charm could scale the heights that Aiteen Thirtythree and Gungadu managed to reach.

The best scenario is he wins another easy novice chase and gets put away till Cheltenham and will take out a good chunk of the market.

16/1 generally for the Arkle.Good trading proposition in my book-he will be second favourite after his next race.
A McManus owned horse wearing blinkers first time running over fences starting 2/5 fav -how often do you see that.I liked the fact that he went off in front and found loads from the second last fence.

16/1 generally for the Arkle.Good trading proposition in my book-he will be second favourite after his next race.
A McManus owned horse wearing blinkers first time running over fences starting 2/5 fav -how often do you see that.I liked the fact that he went off in front and found loads from the second last fence.
He'd be a million to get round at Cheltenham, never mind win. Huge engine, but a nutcase who will (imo) be better beating up his inferiors. He didn't wear blinkers, btw, but a hood, as he has done since his debut.

It's my opinion that he was beaten by the next Arkle winner last season. :ninja:

Good to see you posting again, Luke. :cool:

Promised myself 6 months more or less out of the game after 2000 Guineas day-only had a handful of bets in that time.Hopefully back to normal service this weekend.

I didn't think there was any hint of jumping frailties or waywardness this afternoon.
Jumping fine, but he still has the most awkward head carriage, and that doesn't help a jockey trying to position him in a better race. He also seems dependant on dominating, which will be fine in minor graded company, but simply impossible in a race like the Arkle. Just my opinion, of course, and such differences are what makes the game so appealing.

Presume it's Mozoltov that you're backing for the Arkle then Grassy? (Think that Annie Power is staying over hurdles).

Interesting stuff as he's always looked a horse of serious potential over hurdles and in bumpers - he was also beaten by this years King George winner on his debut :)

Martin

Presume it's Mozoltov that you're backing for the Arkle then Grassy? (Think that Annie Power is staying over hurdles).

Interesting stuff as he's always looked a horse of serious potential over hurdles and in bumpers - he was also beaten by this years King George winner on his debut :)

Martin

Correct, Martin. Hoovered some 85/90 over the weekend - kind of early no-hoper to instill the old misplaced confidence. :D

Mullins has at least confirmed he goes chasing. Has good attitude, imo.

Last edited:
Back