Novice chasers 2013/14

Arkle winner. 10s great value, as Champagne Fever aside, who may well go for the Jewson or RSA, what do you fear from last year's novice hurdlers?

Doesn't have scope and was on his arse often enough over hurdles to warrant a yellow-flag as a novice chaser. One to oppose at a short-price in the right novice chase.

Will take a good chunk out of the market. Will prob win a beginners chase easy somewhere

Indeed he will, probably due to the fact he is one of the best hurdlers to go chasing in the last decade?

Taking 1/11th of the market is not too bad when you consider this...

Just cant see this one making a proper chaser. Im a little surprised they are not sticking to hurdles

Last edited:
I'm not a backer myself at the moment but Grandouet is built for chasing and there is the chance that the bigger obstacles might wake him up a bit.

Sizing Rio done it well today
Arkle possible but I cant find any prices at the moment

Sizing Rio done it well today
Arkle possible but I cant find any prices at the moment

Betfair will add him on request

“Obviously the Drinmore is a possibility but I felt I did too much with him over hurdles as he’s only a five-year-old and if I had to wait until Christmas I won’t be too bothered. There are very few options for him between now and Christmas.

“He won a Grade 3 over two miles as a four-year-old but I always thought of him as a three mile horse in time. I think he’ll handle better ground. Andrew gave him a super ride.”

Last edited:
According to Oddschecker Coral go 4/1 Champagne Fever for the Arkle. With Ladbrokes at 7's that must be an 'I don't want any' price.

Unseated Geraghty at the last when not particularly looking like winning.

Looked very fresh all the way round . I would forgive him the last he was clearly intimidated by the winner who was running diagonally across him , even if he was not directly interfered with .

Hinterland looked to travel much better than in any of his races last year.

Back