Novice chasers 2013/14

"I haven't made a plan for Oscar Whisky but he's fine," said Henderson. "Again, I'd just love to go and win a little race with him. I'd like to say Dai [Walters, the horse's owner] go and find it for me and I'll run him in it, but you can't do it - not with these 150-rated hurdlers. You're not allowed to."

It seems Dai has found a race for Nicky, Oscar Whisky is entered at Exeter on Friday next.

"Grandouet desperately needs a confidence booster but there's only one race for him between now and Christmas - the Henry VII [back at Sandown in a fortnight's time]. The only race he can run in between now and Christmas! Is that really where I want to go back to? Of course it isn't but it's where he's got to go."

Nicky mustn't have noticed the 2 mile novice chase at Carlisle yesterday.

Last edited:
Sizing Gold entered at Punchestown on Sunday -we are due some rain during the week and Henry is no stranger to starting off his good ones there.Hopefully this will pay for the Christmas presents.

Sizing Gold could be up against a good one in Bright New Dawn. I'd favour the Gigginstown horse who looked all over a chaser last season (I concede the same could be said of Sizing Gold) and showed his class when running Champagne Fever close at Leopardstown.

Sizing Gold entered at Punchestown on Sunday -we are due some rain during the week and Henry is no stranger to starting off his good ones there.Hopefully this will pay for the Christmas presents.

It seems this lad really wants cut given they've pulled him a few times at this stage. With the likelihood of Good ground at Cheltenham, you think he's an unlikely runner for the RSA Luke?

Early days I know.

One race at a time Hezz -I don't know if the RSA is the ultate target -if it is they need to start getting some miles on the clock.

Very true Luke. Sure if he misses out on the RSA, no harm......he'll be fresh for the Hennessy next year....:ninja: :)

He is going be a proper chaser Bright New Dawn, I would happily have Bryan Cooper on the giggy horses ahead of Davy Russell

Hope he does because In my opinion he is already the better jockey, I am sure they will be keeping him sweet enough until he takes the main job.

African Gold goes at Uttox tomorrow. I think it was just fitness last month at Cheltenham as he travelled and jumped well, got mucked around with 2 or 3 out and then just kind of drifted backwards. Hopefully we'll see a much better display

Back