Novice chasers 2013/14

Don't think they will run him at Cheltenham and Punchestown is so late in the season.They aren't strangers to running two in a race and if he does the business at Christmas it
might make sense.

Definitely not a fan of Nolan-an awful man for making excuses and it's not often his horses run up a sequence.
Why Elvis ?.

A taking performance by Balleycasey - jumped really neatly, and stayed on stoutly.

I managed to nick 20/1 with B365 for the RSA Chase right after, though he is now best-priced 16/1 for the race. That still looks big to me, because there's not a great deal to fear near the head of the betting, if you take-out Champagne Fever.

Not for me. Seems the type to get outpaced especially on good ground and the race fell into his lap today. More a 4 miler candidate.

Patrick Mullins said afterwards that he would try & persuade his dad to go for the 4 mile race, probably depend on the going.

Strongly run I'd call it. Either way Ballycasey's performance hardly screamed 4 miler, they'll be going RSA without doubt.

Walsh said he'd be stepped up but I didn't get the impression he thought he was an out and out stayer.

Walsh said he'd be stepped up but I didn't get the impression he thought he was an out and out stayer.

I think he probably will head for the RSA, I imagine Patrick is hoping for the best ride he can get in the 4 miler, according to their site Patrick has already talked his dad into riding Suntiep in that.

Assuming Champagne Fever does not run then they do not have too many better options for the RSA than Ballycasey, Drive Time was suppose to be going chasing but looks like they are sticking with hurdles though Inish Island and Mozoltov both noted as going down the staying chase route this season.

Back