Novice chasers 2013/14

Cheers, Granger :cool:

Mozoltov available for buttons at 25-28 for the Arkle, but nothing on the lay side.

Last edited:
Pleasing performance from the horse but I am starting to doubt Lynch-he looks like he has an injury.This horse is seen as the natural successor to Sizing Europe and the dream is still alive after today.
On The Bridle -glad you had a touch.

Lynch's leg still giving him serious bother since he smashed it. Walks with a bad limp...goes walking in the sea most nights (even in winter) to help ease the pain...a few months ago someone saw him walking in in the pitch dark and called the coastguard....he had helicopters and ribs all around him within minutes... very quiet down to earth lad but I concur, the injury is holding him back.

Will Henderson's Close Touch go jumping this year and is he any good? Noticed his brother won his first chase on Friday in a small Novice event at Bangor.

Rock on Ruby just picked up £6.5k for an excercise canter around Plumpton. Hit 3 or 4 out, but was fine apart from that. Fingers crossed for him as he's one of my favourites

Sounds like another small race before tackling a chase at Doncaster at the end of January. Wonder if they will put blinkers on as according to Fehily the mistake happened when his horse was watching the loose horse running around his outside.

One has to ask where were whinging Nicky H' s novices today ? It seems his complaint is that there are not enough where his horses would be unopposed .

Last edited:
It is surprising that none of the big stables had runners, particularly as there’s a £60k bonus for going on to win at the festival

I suppose RoRhe could run in blinkers as he ran OK in them in last year’s Champion Hurdle. I hope not, as to me they have a whiff of un-genuineness, which he certainly isn’t

Did anybody read Michael Buckley's letter to Graham Cunningham last weekend in the Racing Post? I didn't think he came out of it looking very clever.

Agreed on today's novice chase. Would have been ideal for Grandouet or any of the other horses that Henderson says he can't find a race for.

Did anybody read Michael Buckley's letter to Graham Cunningham last weekend in the Racing Post? I didn't think he came out of it looking very clever.

Agreed on today's novice chase. Would have been ideal for Grandouet or any of the other horses that Henderson says he can't find a race for.

Graham Cunningham is not my favourite racing journo...don't know him personally but comes across as a know all when he, in fact, knows fock all.

Interesting that O'faolians Boy is entered in tomorrow’s 3m Graduation chase at Newbury and not starting off in a Novice. All the opposition disappointed slightly last time out, so maybe he's got a chance

Interested to see Mullins plans for Champagne and Felix. Looks like Felix might go to Limerick as CF only has a Leopardstown entry. 45k or so less prize money on offer in Limerick

Back