Novice chasers 2014/15

Best performance from a novice since Sprinter Sacre at Donnie.

Good luck to you guys with those vouchers...better hope Sprinter Sacre bounces back in the Tingle Creek because without him and Sire De Grugy I know where I would run Vautour.

Doubt they would go for it but who knows.

If some soft and the above miss out, the Ryanair will cut him and Ballycasey could re-route

Shame Vautour aint in the Drinmore

If SS doesn't make it back to full monty then logically you'd think either uds or Vautaur could go the open route. But the stable is very unadventurous.

I still think Josses Hill and TTT are major players as they were future chasers just playing at it last year, just like Sprinter Sacre was.

As he is very unlikely to run in anything other than the Arkle or the QMCC

If you dutch Vatour for the Arkle and the QMCC you will get over 3/1 for your cash at the best odds available.

As far as Sprinter Sacre goes he is supposed to be having a racecourse gallop with a heart monitor on to double check what their eyes are telling them..that is that he is 100% ok

I doubt if some idiot laying him for a tenner on the machine is any indication of his condition.

The only money being offered on Betfair for Dodging Bullets was 4 quid at 4 in the early hours.

Sprinter Sacre is on offer at 2.5 but if Nicky happens to say as much as he's fine that price won't last 2 minutes.

Every chance Vautour will go JLT route, Tanlic - especially if UDS looks like the real deal chasing at 2m. The 9/4 Any Race is short-enough, but provides a degree of coverage if - like me - you've only backed Vautour in one of the novice chases.

Every chance Vautour will go JLT route, Tanlic - especially if UDS looks like the real deal chasing at 2m. The 9/4 Any Race is short-enough, but provides a degree of coverage if - like me - you've only backed Vautour in one of the novice chases.

Better safe than sorry Grassy but I'd say you are safe if the QMCC is not an option. Can't see her ladyship who owns both WM's potential superstars agreeing to missing the Arkle for the JLT

(1:30) 327C Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice S'chase(Grade 1) €48,750.00 ( 2m 4f - 4yo+ )[MAX 18]
NHFrm
11421 1 Aerlite Supreme(130) (MHourigan) - 11,10
1111p 2 Alelchi Inois (FR)(149) (WPMullins) - 11,10
1-421 3 Apache Stronghold (NMeade) - . ..... 11,10
6303p 4 Azorian (EGriffin) - . ........................... 11,10
76151 5 Band Of Blood (MFMorris) - ............. 11,10
2141f 6 Blacklough (WJAustin) - . ................. 11,10
22-20 7 Cause Of Causes (USA)(145)
(GElliott) - . .................. 11,10
24154 8 Empire Of Dirt (CAMurphy) - ............ 11,10
41332 9 Followmeuptocarlow(138) (TFoley) . 11,10
2-111 10 Perfect Gentleman(146) (WPMullins) 11,10
31261 11 Real Steel (MFMorris) - . .................... 11,10
70612 12 Sadler's Risk(144) (Hde Bromhead) - 11,10
11-21 13 The Tullow Tank (Ms.SHughes) - . ... 11,10
-141- 14 Un Atout (FR) (WPMullins) - ............. 11,10
f1p15 15 Allied Victory(127) (MFMorris) - . ...... 11,09
21212 16 Le Vent D'Antan (FR) (MissEDoyle) 11,09
-0121 17 Valseur Lido (FR) (WPMullins) - . ..... 11,09

How far the Tank.

I wonder will the passing of Dessie Hughes have an impact here?
Not sure any horses from the yard have run to form in recent weeks...
Just a note of caution really as I don't know the run of the place or how significant an impact this has actually had on the performance of the horses.

Last edited:
If Un Atout runs there's no way he's a 14/1 shot, I'm guessing he'll run Saturday instead. The last time Mullins pitched a horse into a Grade 1 on his first chase start was Mikael D'Haguenet and he received widespread criticism in the aftermath. Also, given Un Atout has been off for a season, I imagine they'll want to give him a less difficult assignment first time out.

Apache Stronghold for me in the Drinmore, he didn't get a clear run of things last season and if the impression he gave in his beginners can be trusted, he jumps fences a lot better than he did hurdles. I don't think he should be so much longer in the betting than The Tullow Tank and, particularly, Valseur Lido, who has done nothing to warrant being half the price of Meade's horse.

While those three look a cut above the other entries (Un Atout aside), the supporting cast are no mugs either. Makings of a superb race.

The first horse I thought of there was Pandorama outbattling Weapon's Amnesty in a Grade 1 Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown.

As well as Un De Sceaux starting his novice career at Thurles there's Southfield Theatre v Carraig Mor at Newbury. I will side with the King horse at the prices

Back