Novice chasers 2014/15

In the context of the hype about this horse BEFORE the race, I had written him off. I'd imagine he is a bit better than yesterday but is a plodder who will no doubt look good in a bog over further in Ireland, more hype, and flop if he gets to Cheltenham..

If he were to only ever win a grade one or two in Ireland and never leave these shores, he will more than pay his way, he will have already on his hurdling runs.

Yesterday was poor given what some expected of him, I am certain he is better than what he showed yesterday

If he were to only ever win a grade one or two in Ireland and never leave these shores, he will more than pay his way, he will have already on his hurdling runs.

Yesterday was poor given what some expected of him, I am certain he is better than what he showed yesterday

All my comments on TTT are in the context and analysis of him by others ..

Hamm, not sure where this "hype" you refer to comes from.

Nobody said The Tullow Tank was Pegasus in waiting, only that - based principally on his Leopardstown performance against Vautour - he was a novice who looked to have a lot of promise over fences.....not unlike the aforementioned Vautour, the ill-fated My Tent Or Yours, or the conundrum that is Un De Sceaux, who also looked promising recruits to steeplechasing. Just because he's run disappointingly at the weekend, doesn't mean that everything said about TTT prior to his defeat was "hype" - only that he has failed to run as well as many would have hoped and expected.

Yours is a very curmudgeonly stance to adopt, imo.

Last edited:
Yes looking forward to that. Thought they would have gone chasing straight away this season with Melodic but hopefully he produces the goods anyway.

Hamm, not sure where this "hype" you refer to comes from.

Nobody said The Tullow Tank was Pegasus in waiting, only that - based principally on his Leopardstown performance against Vautour - he was a novice who looked to have a lot of promise over fences.....not unlike the aforementioned Vautour, the ill-fated My Tent Or Yours, or the conundrum that is Un De Sceaux, who also looked promising recruits to steeplechasing. Just because he's run disappointingly at the weekend, doesn't mean that everything said about TTT prior to his defeat was "hype" - only that he has failed to run as well as many would have hoped and expected.

Yours is a very curmudgeonly stance to adopt, imo.

No, it's not! There was plenty of talk imo, disproportionate to his ability/potential, and this reflected his price Sunday. His 2nd to Vautour shouldn't be taken at face value, Vautour improved considerably thereafter. I love these kind of Irish horses - Pont Alexandre was another. Price versus form+potential all wrong. I hope TTT wins in a bog impressively and is brought across in March.

I would be a fan if TTT but I would agree with Hamm -hard to see him winning any race on fast ground at the festival.

I would be a fan if TTT but I would agree with Hamm -hard to see him winning any race on fast ground at the festival.

Which may well be true....but it doesn't mean that he's useless, just because he's unlikely show his best on quicker ground at Cheltenham in March. The Festival isn't the only measure of a horse's ability.

Last edited:
Which may well be true....but it doesn't mean that he's useless, just because he's unlikely show his best on quicker ground at Cheltenham in March. The Festival isn't the only measure of a horse's ability.

I never said 'useless' - I may take a strong position against him and call him a boat, but is directly in proportion to what I think is an overreaction by everyone as to his ability and potential. He is, for a potential top horse, slow and will soon be only able to show this when ground is soft enough to slow the faster ones down... :)

[ QUOTE=edgt;591938]I imagine that horse just needs time to grow into himself.
Get him handicapped and take the long route would be my plan for TTT.[/QUOTE]

One day he might be as good as Chicago Grey. I've spent years thinking he's being plotted but now I just think he's the slowest thing about and needs six miles plus in a swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputy Dan v Saphir Du Rheu this afternoon should be interesting

Henry VIII tomorrow is nearly always a small field. Only 4 again this year but looks a smart field. I couldn't be confident in picking the winner. Court Minstrel would be the one on quicker ground, Dunraven Storm's done nothing wrong, Irish Saint pinged round the course last time out and Vibrato Valtat has the talent but who knows.... Watch race for me unless the prices skewed

Glad to see Clarcam do it very nicely. He's very likeable.
Was no match for Vautour though.

Back