Novice chasers 2014/15

:)
He wouldn't happen to have word on when Channon intends on running the horse next would he? I'll read this column with interest tomorrow.

Last edited:
:)
He wouldn't happen to have word on when Channon intends on running the horse next would he? I'll read this column with interest tomorrow.

5f claimer at Chelmsford ;)

No, he doesn't mention it I'm afraid Marb.

Better on decent ground so you'd be hoping for a dry spell to get a run into him I'd imagine.

Can't see it myself Frankel. The race is a week Sunday, Warwick was Soft (Heavy in places) last Thursday, forecast rain for the second half of this week, last two runnings of it have been on heavy and connections said after his recent spin on the AW that he'd be in his box if he hadn't gone there because he "doesn't go a yard on soft jumping ground".

Wouldn't surprise me if he had another outing over hurdles or even back on the AW.

Last edited:
Can't see it myself Frankel. The race is a week Sunday, Warwick was Soft (Heavy in places) last Thursday, forecast rain for the second half of this week, last two runnings of it have been on heavy and connections said after his recent spin on the AW that he'd be in his box if he hadn't gone there because he "doesn't go a yard on soft jumping ground".

Wouldn't surprise me if he had another outing over hurdles or even back on the AW.

It is highly unlikely agreed as he does need decent ground.
An option albeit an unlikely one.

Agree with that too.

Last edited:
Josse's Hill is a clumsy oaf and he may be thinking JLT for him hence the experimental step up in trip.

I doubt if he would fancy trying to keep tabs on USD if he doesn't put in a clear round of jumping on Saturday

I think Barry will have a big job settling him over 2m4. Tracking UDS at Cheltenham will suit the horse imo, not saying he'll win mind.

Josses Hill cannot jump that slowly and have any chance in the Arkle; can't see how running him over 2 1/2 miles is going to help his jumping speed (albeit Sandown's fences do come quickly down the back straight). It's a poor reflection on the opposition to Un De Sceaux that's he's the 2nd favourite.

Might not matter if he jumped perfectly the way UDS is being talked about. Don't forget Vautour beat him hands down.

Maybe clumsy isn't the word for him. At Donnie that idiot commentator was prattling on about his jumping all the way round
Actually he hardly touched a twig all the way round he just ballooned a few and lost ground he shouldn't have.

The horse is probably just thinking too much about the job and lacks confidence which should come with time.

Fast or slow pace he'll do the same until he gets better so 2 1/2 could actually be better as the ground he may lose is easier to make up if the pace is abits slower.

People are always saying they will jump better with a faster pace which is usually a crock of sh!t..if it were that easy you'd just go and set a faster pace yourself.

Sail By The Sea who I reckoned would be heading for Cheltenham runs today priced up at unbackable odds.

He is David Pipes only entry and a bit of an unknown.

Maybe DePipes have a handicap in mind for him but he is a stone better than his first run over fences when he blew up.
I liked the way he travelled and stuck on and looks to be one to follow. Even if he's not up to Arkle class he will win his fair share of races

If he were to run in the Arkle he certainly would not be a 264/1 so I had a small interest just in case.

Wouldn't surprise me if his odds dropped like a stone if he hacks up today and David Pipe even hints at the Arkle

Pricewise put St Reckless up at 100/1 now 22 so if he can be stupid so can I :)e

Last edited:
the SGT was never 100/1. think he put up Deep Trouble at 100s on a podcast interview or something but I haven't listened to it.

You're probably right James I was only half listening tbh it's a pretty boring podcast.

Well Sail By Te Sea won and his odds more than halved now 110.

All he needs to do is win again against something decent and maybe they will take him seriously

Hoping Splash Of Ginge can improve on his previous chase form again tomorrow.

If you fancy him to win tomorrow as I do and run well in the JLT nows the time to get involved anti post.

Last edited:
Hoping Splash Of Ginge can improve on his previous chase form again tomorrow.

If you fancy him to win tomorrow as I do and run well in the JLT nows the time to get involved anti post.

Needs a huge turnaround in form with the Hobbs horse Marb but good luck with it.

Gitane Due Berlais looks very good but I haven't a clue where she fitsbin to Mullins novice chasing plans

that has to be a huge boost for Vautour's chances. You'd imagine there is less between Ptit Zig and Irish Saint than there is between Vautour and Gitane du Berlais.

Back