Novice chasers 2014/15

Ive had one good mare in my fairly long exposure. Glacial Missile, impeccably bred. She won 8 times but has been a useless brood mare despite having all the favoured semen in the jumps World. I remember when Williamson rode her in one of her first races for us and said get rid of her she is useless. Richard Johnson rode her next and won her next four. I guess what I am saying is like their human kind they are very hard to understand

Nicely put Roddy! :)

From ATR
Kings Palace, ante-post favourite in some books for Cheltenham's RSA Chase, heads 10 entries for the Money Back Faller Insurance At Titanbet.co.uk Novices' Chase at Warwick on Saturday.

The David Pipe-trained seven-year-old is unbeaten in two races over fences, both at Cheltenham.
With the wintry weather causing a few meetings to be called off at the moment, Pipe has also put Kings Palace in the Bathwick Tyres Taunton Graduation Chase at Exeter on Sunday, in which he could take on Fingal Bay and Southfield Theatre.

Heard that on TFR last night.......I reckon for those who haven't done so already now would be a very good time to be backing Kings Palace 11/2 for the RSA because if he hacks up again they are sure to cut his odds. I can't see WM taking him on if he puts up another mouthwatering performance and as I mentioned before if all goes to plan and WM send Don Poli for the NH Chase Kings Palace will go off about 7/4 or less on the day.

Hear that pricewise has gone for Southfield Theatre at 20/1. look forward to reading the reasons as don't think i'd be interested at 50/1

Heard that on TFR last night.......I reckon for those who haven't done so already now would be a very good time to be backing Kings Palace 11/2 for the RSA because if he hacks up again they are sure to cut his odds. I can't see WM taking him on if he puts up another mouthwatering performance and as I mentioned before if all goes to plan and WM send Don Poli for the NH Chase Kings Palace will go off about 7/4 or less on the day.

He had no problem taking him on last year in the Bartlett.

If Don Poli runs in the 4 miler they need their head examined. His Topaz win is the best 3m form around this year and he won a Martin Pipe over 2m4f on decent ground. He might be lazy but he is not slow.

Impressive as he has been, Kings Palace has beaten the same horse twice and i'm pretty sure Hobbs rates Champagne West more highly than Sausalito sunrise, which would give some indication as to what he's achieved so far. I like KP a lot but he's short enough in my opinion.

And yes, i've backed Don Poli :cool:

Kings's Palace beat SS by three lengths further the second time they met despite being 8lbs worse off at the weights.

How you can say he's short enough is beyond me, especially with the doubt about Don Poli running. If that happens what are the alternatives, who is running for you as a layer?

My comment on the other thread about Hidden Cyclone being the worst priced horse at the Festival were before I saw 8s about Coneygree.

If Don Poli runs in the 4 miler they need their head examined. His Topaz win is the best 3m form around this year and he won a Martin Pipe over 2m4f on decent ground. He might be lazy but he is not slow.

Impressive as he has been, Kings Palace has beaten the same horse twice and i'm pretty sure Hobbs rates Champagne West more highly than Sausalito sunrise, which would give some indication as to what he's achieved so far. I like KP a lot but he's short enough in my opinion.

And yes, i've backed Don Poli :cool:

Not run DP in an easy race for easy money...you wish

Kings's Palace beat SS by three lengths further the second time they met despite being 8lbs worse off at the weights.

How you can say he's short enough is beyond me, especially with the doubt about Don Poli running. If that happens what are the alternatives, who is running for you as a layer?

My comment on the other thread about Hidden Cyclone being the worst priced horse at the Festival were before I saw 8s about Coneygree.

"SS is copyrighted" please reserve it for it's rightful owner to save further confusion:)

He knocked a hock and has been sent to Newmarket for an X-ray as they think there might be a chip.

'He's out for rest of the season. We don't know when he did it, but he didn't jump as we know he can on Saturday'.

He knocked a hock and has been sent to Newmarket for an X-ray as they think there might be a chip.

'He's out for rest of the season. We don't know when he did it, but he didn't jump as we know he can on Saturday'.

Knocked his knees when shown videos of Kings Palace over fences, I heard. :whistle:

Josses Hill declared for Kempton tomorrow. Faces Third Intention, Caesar Milan & Thomas Crapper.

Chance for them to cut Josses Hill for the Arkle.definate runner and the field is going to cut up.Granted only really backing for a place barring mishap to un de sceaux but it won't be 7/1 tomorrow evening.

Knocked his knees when shown videos of Kings Palace over fences, I heard. :whistle:

I prefer to think he's had word that Don has had the thumbs up to run, and doesn't fancy being hunted. :ninja:

That is what Willie will be if he doesn't run. That I do fear :nono:

Josses Hill just doesn't look a natural over his fences. It was better, but still no better than ok. Being beaten by Third Intention just isn't good enough and he has no chance in the Arkle.

Last edited:
WTF was Henderson doing running Josses Hill in a Graduation Chase?

The horse has had hardly any experience over fences, and what he has had has looked decidedly moderate - verging on ropey at times. Where, then, was the logic in sending him in against a 151-rated chaser with 17 starts over fences? And Nicholls was really no better, because - like Josses Hill - Ceasar Milan has only had two starts over fences (though he at least won the second of them).

If they absolutely had to run this week, both horses would have been better served waiting 24hrs for the 3m novice at Newbury or the Kingmaker at Warwick....or they could both have been put-away for the Pendil over 2m4f in a week or so, if trip was a concern.

The decision to run both horses at Kempton today, just reeks of stupidity and incompetence to me.

Last edited:
WTF was Henderson doing running Josses Hill in a Graduation Chase?

The horse has had hardly any experience over fences, and what he has had has looked decidedly moderate - verging on ropey at times. Where, then, was the logic in sending him in against a 151-rated chaser with 17 starts over fences? And Nicholls was really no better, because - like Josses Hill - Ceasar Milan has only had two starts over fences (though he at least won the second of them).

If they absolutely had to run this week, both horses would have been better served waiting 24hrs for the 3m novice at Newbury or the Kingmaker at Warwick....or they could both have been put-away for the Pendil over 2m4f in a week or so, if trip was a concern.

The decision to run both horses at Kempton today, just reeks of stupidity and incompetence to me.

151 should answer that. If you can't beat a 151 chaser getting 11lbs you have no place running in the Arkle.

YB has been working with the horse so I would imagine they went to Kempton hoping for a decent pace to try and get him into a rhythm and jumping.

Horse doesn't seem to have learned a thing and jumped himself into trouble again

Henderson really is infallible in your eyes, isn't he Tanlic.

What does he have on you?? :lol:

Last edited:
Third Intention is the horse that put Rebel Fitz to the sword at Cheltenham.
No mean horse especially with his chase experience.
JH may have no business at Arkle though I think today's race will make a man of him in time.

Back