Novice chasers 2014/15

Yeah, I had Very Wood down for the 4 miler as well. Can't stand O'Leary. I feel dirty every time I back one of his. Arrogant pr1ck.

Mullins wanted Vautour - JLT, Valseur Lido - RSA and Don Poli - NH. He said so on the RP site.

I don't think this was just O'Leary. I reckon a certain B Cooper was the key person here. Both he and Patrick Mullins know the horse is a machine.

I for one am delighted Don Poli goes RSA, cos if he hadn't my AP portfolio would have been knackered!!

Last edited:
Gutted about Very Wood not in the 4 Miler... Really thought I was on the gravy train there with a lovely Ante Post position.
I assume Nina will ride Wounded Warrior. Who'll be on T & R do we know?

I don't think this was just O'Leary. I reckon a certain B Cooper was the key person here. Both he and Patrick Mullins know the horse is a machine.

Don't think even B cooper was the key person in the very wood decision.
He gave very wood in the 4M as his €250 nap charity bet only last Wednesday.

Last edited:
Sorry Bob, I was talking about Don Poli RSA/Valseur Lido JLT (But specifically DP). I'm pretty sure Cooper was keen for that to happen, he hinted at it a few times in interviews.

Last edited:
I cannot get my head round the decision to put Very Wood in the RSA, he looked tailor made for the NHC he must be bouncing at home, he will need every yard but ok it could be a true test with KP & Coneygree but is that not the reason Don Poli is in the race? the only conclusion is Wounded Warrior must be nailed for the NHC or Thunder & Roses will be the gamble (based on hurdle form)

Looking at each way alternatives in the Arkle I can't believe clarcam is 3 points bigger than Josses hill.JH being priced up on hurdles form from last year as it's jumped poorly this year.The more I look at it the more I'm convincing myself to have a good go e/w on clarcam.

Can't blame them if the ground is against him but what if the rain doesn't come and the ground dries out?

Will they then decide to give the Gold Cup a miss as well? :rolleyes:

Back