Novice Chasers 2015/16

Just the trainer saying he would be aimed at 2m4 chases. I really like him but see him as a stayer.

I've laid NMH at 1.5.

I thought he became disappointing as last season wore on, and whilst he could still develop into a decent novice chaser, he was only 1 from 3 in Points (fell once) and I'm not convinced they know what his trip is yet - has to be opposed at the price.

Last edited:
I won't be playing on either of the Irish novice races as both are too short, but still very interested to watch

There’s also a fascinating newcomers race at Bangor this afternoon. Theinval was the best over hurdles and should win if taking to it, but is too short for a bet. Coologue looks made for fences, as does Racing Demon, but he was a little disappointing at Chepstow. Don’t know much about Nexius, but has to be feared coming from the Nicholls camp.

At the prices I’ll have a small interest in Coologue

I've laid NMH at 1.5.

I thought he became disappointing as last season wore on, and whilst he could still develop into a decent novice chaser, he was only 1 from 3 in Points (fell once) and I'm not convinced they know what his trip is yet - has to be opposed at the price.

Fair comments.

The Mcmanus horse goes straight over fences, no messing in bumpers or hurdles so he must be showing something to connections.

Disappointed by Carrigmoorna Rock yesterday. I thought she could be top class over jumps but looks unlikely.

The Uttoxeter 3.00 looks interesting with Garde La Victoire & Bristol De Mai making their novice debuts and Regal Encore another step on route to a festival handicap...Have been looking forward to GLV but think it maybe a tough task giving weight to the 4yr old

Yep great race at Uttox. I watched a vid of Bristol schooling and he jumps like a kangaroo...a good 3 feet over every fence.

Agreed on GLV. He looked a bit scruffy early on but easily went past Bristol De Mai and then jumped fantastically over the final three. He will be amongst the top division chasers this season

Wetherby's 3 miler this afternoon looks interesting & should be between Beg to Differ, Southfield Royale & Zeroshadesofgrey. T
he last named could be the one, as think chasing was always going to be his game and the ground looks to have gone in his favour

Three interesting novices this afternoon. I love this time of year...

Three Musketeers starts off his season at Huntingdon and hope the Skelton’s patience is rewarded as they looked after him last year knowing that chasing was his game. It won’t be easy though as Sametegal was a 150 hurdler and has apparently fully recovered from the leg injury that kept him off last season

Lord Scoundrel goes in the Grade 3 at Cork & know Granger’s a fan, so hope he goes well

Over at Naas the one that catches the eye is My Hometown for Enda Bolger & JP. A PTP and maiden hurdle winner, he’s only 5 but could be exciting

Scoundrel is getting the job done well.

christmas will determine what level he is.

velvet maker made a very promising debut today. He ran in douvans supreme, looks a good renewal in hindsight.

Three interesting novices this afternoon. I love this time of year...

Three Musketeers starts off his season at Huntingdon and hope the Skelton’s patience is rewarded as they looked after him last year knowing that chasing was his game. It won’t be easy though as Sametegal was a 150 hurdler and has apparently fully recovered from the leg injury that kept him off last season

Lord Scoundrel goes in the Grade 3 at Cork & know Granger’s a fan, so hope he goes well

Over at Naas the one that catches the eye is My Hometown for Enda Bolger & JP. A PTP and maiden hurdle winner, he’s only 5 but could be exciting

My Hometown was rancid. 4/6 - 7/4 on machine never any interest in race. JP got irish racing by the balls can do what he wants must be nice.

My Hometown was rancid. 4/6 - 7/4 on machine never any interest in race. JP got irish racing by the balls can do what he wants must be nice.
Indeed, but you know the score when backing one of his. I was feeling smug getting nearly 6/4 early, but was pretty sure of my fate before they'd even raced. C'est la vie

Velvet Maker very decent on that run.
Nice to see Barry Connell bag a treble (surely his first ) after making such an investment on horses and Alan Fleming as trainer.
Hope his season continues a pace; he more than deserves it.

3 miler at Exeter this afternoon. King & Nicholl's horses obviously respected, Native River would have gone close if not hitting the last at Chepstow (step up in trip will help as well), but the horse I'm looking forward to most is Flintham. Looks like a proper chaser, will definitely stay and more rain the better

3 miler at Exeter this afternoon. King & Nicholl's horses obviously respected, Native River would have gone close if not hitting the last at Chepstow (step up in trip will help as well), but the horse I'm looking forward to most is Flintham. Looks like a proper chaser, will definitely stay and more rain the better

Mark Bradstock Racing on Twitter

"Flintham is ok, he never travelled, Nico decided to pull him up as he didnt feel his usual self, he will go home and be fully checked over"

Barry always looked confident, thought the 2nd fav was very disappointing

Three interesting contenders in the 13.45 at Carlisle tomorrow - Silson, Seeyouatmidnight & Maximiser. They should all be decent novices, but have been waiting for Maximiser

Close with Maximiser there Perp,jumping nicely out in front and just getting outstayed in the last 1/2 furlong
Looked a decent race.

Back