Novice Chasers 2015/16

Indeed, on paper Rocco is well entitled to those 5lbs. Silsol is rated a stone higher than Rocco over hurdles and has already had a successful outing over fences.

I think the cleaner is doing the Sporting Life betting forecast:

[h=4]Betting forecast[/h]Douvan (11/8), Rogue Trader (9/4), Shantou Ed (10/1), Blair Perrone (14/1), Rathpatrick (14/1), Eight Till Late (16/1), I Knew Well (16/1), King Of Oriel (16/1), Don Franco (25/1), Irish Bulletin (25/1), Tairbheacha (25/1), Bobbie's Diamond (33/1), Ballycahane (100/1), Follow The Swallow (100/1),

I think the cleaner is doing the Sporting Life betting forecast:

Betting forecast

Douvan (11/8), Rogue Trader (9/4), Shantou Ed (10/1), Blair Perrone (14/1), Rathpatrick (14/1), Eight Till Late (16/1), I Knew Well (16/1), King Of Oriel (16/1), Don Franco (25/1), Irish Bulletin (25/1), Tairbheacha (25/1), Bobbie's Diamond (33/1), Ballycahane (100/1), Follow The Swallow (100/1),

That would be nice with Christmas coming

Afternoon cleaner now on duty....

[h=4]Forecast[/h]Douvan (1/7), Rogue Trader (10/1), Blair Perrone (12/1), Bobbie's Diamond (25/1), Follow The Swallow (25/1), Ballycahane (33/1), I Knew Well (33/1), King Of Oriel (33/1), Shantou Ed (33/1), Don Franco (50/1), Eight Till Late (50/1), Irish Bulletin (50/1), Rathpatrick (50/1), Tairbheacha (50/1)

Indeed. Haven't seen the race yet. Any excuses for Minella?

could be fitness,,Geraghty started getting after him as they turned in..the race was really between the first two all the way up the straight..davies was down a length after the last but galvanised a winning run out of Silsol. Earlier in the race Silsol had a few moments where jock nearly went over his head..seemed to be landing very steeply. He doesn't look a natural jumper to me...looks like landing properly is an issue. Had Silsol jumped without those errors would have won cosily tbh. MR was closing after the last.

I'd guess,,fitness..or needs further for MR

hard to say really

Last edited:
Geraghty had to re tie the tongue strap down at the start, not sure if that was an issue

In the event they don't show this part again, the horse's tongue had come out on top of the strap and BG had a bit of a struggle to re tie it even with two racecourse staff trying to hold the horse's head still.

Monksland, who shook up Arctic Fire at Navan last time out, is going chasing, starting at Gowran tomorrow.

Given his past, it's surprising.

could be useful, but he is delicate

They still hope he's a Grade One horse, I imagine, but have probably concluded that over hurdles at that level he's neither a two- nor a three-miler.

That was a very satisfactory chasing debut by Monksland although he slapped one fence hard and his jockey did well to stay on. I'm amazed at the SP of 5/2.

Connections have plenty of options now over both hurdles and fences if he can be kept sound.

That was a very satisfactory chasing debut by Monksland although he slapped one fence hard and his jockey did well to stay on. I'm amazed at the SP of 5/2.

Connections have plenty of options now over both hurdles and fences if he can be kept sound.

powers if he stays chasing I'd think

Back