Novice Chasers 2016/2017

Bellshill at gowran.

very nice first start over timber.
funny the lack of fanfare for this horse!

Could be we couldn't see a damn thing lol. I'm with you 100% on that and actually said we wouldn't see the best of him until this season. He was then beaten at L/town and Chelters but I ended up with some egg on my face when he damn near won the Sefton at Aintree and did win a Grade 1 at the Punchestown festival.

He did much better than I expected last season but I still think he'll top that this season over fences and the RSA looks a likely target. Only wish I'd put my money where my mouth is when he was 20/1 with Skybet best priced now at 10/1

I thought Min displayed an awkward style of jumping at some of the fences, he switched his whole body like an acrobat but without the precision or calculations just reckless throwing of either his front or back legs. I couldn't touch it for a race at the minimum trip going 40mph with that jumping anomaly. Maybe he'll learn more but the way Mullins keeps his horses confined for 1-2 races pre-festival I don't think he'll get enough experience for March. Maybe if he goes out in trip for the JLT I'd take him more seriously but going against Altior is already hard enough without jumping errors.

First day out and he got around safely and won comfortably.

Look how Clan Des Obeaux improved for his first time out.

Mn looked to me like a horse that still has some more growing to do.

id say we will see him twice more before Cheltenham.

if the rules allowed he'd do it with with a single run for novice chasers as well. He usually gives them only 2 runs. The way he's getting horses out will affect him this season especially and could lose the title. From the big ante-post contenders for the 4 championship races Don Cossack and Ar Mad are the only ones not trained by Mullins that haven't made the appearance yet. Those 2 had huge injuries to overcome, unlike Faugheen that only took 6-8 weeks to heal and he would've been ready for Punchestown, yet he's still not out yet. AP had no injury, not out. Douvan, same. Yorkhill, nop. VVM, Arctic, Black Hercules, Djakadam. Most of these will run next month I suppose but I don't think from those many will get another race until Chelt.

First day out and he got around safely and won comfortably.

Look how Clan Des Obeaux improved for his first time out.

Mn looked to me like a horse that still has some more growing to do.

id say we will see him twice more before Cheltenham.

Let's not mess about here and put up some cash. I will bet you an even 1000 satang hard cash Min does not make it to Cheltenham..no backing out...do we have a bet?

A satang would cost you more in wear-and-tear on the pocket you held it in, than it is worth in currency terms, Granger. A thousand of them would just about cover the minimum Tote bet, at the current exchange-rate.

As Tanlic says - no messing about. :)

On a more serious note, I think Min might be a JLT horse*

*somewhat dependent on Yorkhill and the impression he gave me yesterday

Whichever of Min/Identity Thief comes out of xmas the worse off, could easily be re routed

Willie seemed pretty certain Min would stay at the minimum trip, after yesterday's outing.

Usual caveats apply.

Good news re Barters Hill, no need for an operation anymore, the tendon has moved into its new position naturally.

On a more serious note, I think Min might be a JLT horse*

*somewhat dependent on Yorkhill and the impression he gave me yesterday

Whichever of Min/Identity Thief comes out of xmas the worse off, could easily be re routed
Given that min is so keen over 2 miles, I can't see him running over further any time soon.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Looks like no one even noticed Top Notch putting up another faultless round.

I was knocked for saying he has a big future ahead of him but IMO so far so good time will tell

I don't think the owners will be able to resist running Thistlecrack in the King George*, so don't reckon you will have him as an obstacle, Roddy.

* It will pop their Gold Cup bubble when Cue Card humps him.

Back