Novice Chasers 2016/2017

Looks like no one even noticed Top Notch putting up another faultless round.

I was knocked for saying he has a big future ahead of him but IMO so far so good time will tell
He's already finished behind Le Prezien and Charbel though. LP has come out again and won, and Charbel entered for Henry VIII on Saturday and likely to face Altior. Be interesting to see the form line through that race afterwards.

And not a Willie Mullins runner in sight. Must be a while since he hasn't even had an entry for this.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

It was an early closing race and today was the forfeit stage. Willie had at least Yorkhill in the original entries and, of course, A Toi Phil was with him until recently.

He's already finished behind Le Prezien and Charbel though. LP has come out again and won, and Charbel entered for Henry VIII on Saturday and likely to face Altior. Be interesting to see the form line through that race afterwards.

I thought he was the one to take out of that race. Looking like Jacob only had to press the button 2 out I thought lack of fitness was what beat him.

Whether Charbel can shake up Altior or not we'll soon see but he was nowhere near good enough over hurdles.

I see The New One entered and the are suggesting they COULD clash but NTD has been saying he needs more time for 6 weeks so it must be doubtful he'll throw him in at the deep end and could go to Exeter instead. Be interesting if he does run

Last edited:
Pearl Swan in great form at home
Brilliant stuff Roddy. I've always had a soft spot for Pearl Swan. He's still and always has been in my tracker since before the Triumph in 2012. Did it easily today. Always looked comfortable out in front. Onward and upward now [emoji106]

Last edited:
Was just looking at that DG and on the RP site for tomorrow's card 3:15 Exeter and they have Sam TD jocked up on The New One.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Not particularly surprising

One is a progressive young horse, the other is an older chasing last resort horse

STD also rode Old Guard in the Christmas hurdle against TNO last christmas

The inclusion of Rock The Kasbah in the Exeter novice chase turns what looked an interesting little heat, into a great little heat. Looking forward to seeing how they go.

He's a bit of a clumsy oaf at times is The New One but if fences get him paying attention surely his class would make him the biggest danger around to Altior in the Arkle.

I am confused at why he is 33/1. He ran well enough in the Champion Hurdle last year and had 2 decent wins under his belt in CH trials.

Granted Altior looks the business but The New One has a bit more proof of being top class than he does.

The one worry is they have been overly patient/slow in getting him back on the racecourse I just hope he's fit enough to do himself justice.......a good win and that 33/1 will soon disappear unless I am missing something?

Volvalien could prove a tough one to beat at Sandown in the 1:50. He get my vote anyway.

He's a bit of a clumsy oaf at times is The New One but if fences get him paying attention surely his class would make him the biggest danger around to Altior in the Arkle.

I am confused at why he is 33/1. He ran well enough in the Champion Hurdle last year and had 2 decent wins under his belt in CH trials.

Granted Altior looks the business but The New One has a bit more proof of being top class than he does.

The one worry is they have been overly patient/slow in getting him back on the racecourse I just hope he's fit enough to do himself justice.......a good win and that 33/1 will soon disappear unless I am missing something?

pretty old, somewhat beaten up, chasing an after thought, 2 miles too quick for him

Last edited:
Back