Novice Chasers 2016/2017

2 M 4 F in the JLT surely too sharp for Politilogue, a shame John Hales doesn't want to send him to the RSA. Looks like a stayer. Would have a good each chance in the RSA.

Last edited:
great race and two classy novices

The weight probably made the difference, but Waiting Patiently did make a couple of small errors on the way round. As you say Euro, it could be the North has a smart one

This is no penalty kick for Yorkhill today. Going left handed will assist him but I'd be a little concerned that his quirks are going to be magnified over fences and eventually get the better of him.

I just don't think he enjoys it over the bigger obstacles.

The question is, has he got a big enough engine to get away with that level of jumping?

I'm not sure I'd be willing to take that chance at 7/4.

Id send him the Arkle, won't happen though cause Mullins would have to re-route Min.

Yorkhill seemed to be pulling the whole way, maybe a faster pace would also sort his jumping out.

Top horse nonetheless.

Last edited:
Id send him the Arkle, won't happen though cause Mullins would have to re-route Min.

Yorkhill seemed to be pulling the whole way, maybe a faster pace would also sort his jumping out.

Top horse nonetheless.

You want to ruin his career? lol.further away from Altior in the future the better........he might be chasing Douvan in a couple of years

Last edited:
For those interested in timings

]
Yorkhill_zpsvverj77z.jpg

I've heard comments that he was idling in front after the last but that is just utter rubbish. What you saw there was the extra energy he's used up at every obstacle taking effect. He simply will not get away with that in the JLT.

Some are questioning if there's enough talent in that race to get him at it. You've mentioned two Granger and I'd put Waiting Patiently and possibly Identity thief if he gets stepped up in that group as well.

Kevin Blake's blog and Yorkhill

http://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake

I was one of the 62% in his Twitter Poll namely "satisfactory" as regards performance.

Looking further down I see Navan stewards weren't exactly on the ball with regards to the new non triers rule, too busy refusing to put their races back five minutes presumably :whistle:

Back