Novice Chasers 2016/2017

I appreciate he will come on for the run, but was still underwhelmed with his run and can’t imagine the O’Leary’s were over the moon. One positive was his jumping which was straight enough

The major disappointment for me over the weekend was Value at Risk. He jumped fine & didn’t appear to do anything wrong, but just faded tamely. Assume he’ll revert to hurdling again

I think you can forgive any horse a poor run in its first race this early out - especially one of Mouses and the size of him didn't inspire confidence

I think Value at risk just has a certain level - i don't think they will give up chasing after yesterday - he jumped really well

ADO is an out-and-out stayer, and I reckon connections will be happy enough.

This was a half-mile short of his best, and if his record is anything to go by, the horse takes a bit of getting fit. He has been beaten on his seasonal debut each season, but has run with some credit in all three outings (beaten early, but running all the way to the line); all of which have come over an inadequate trip. I can see him getting turned-over in the Drinmore next, before knocking it out the park in the Fort Leney over 3m at Xmas, when primed for a big run.

Very much one to keep onside this season over staying trips, imo.

Last edited:
I'm not giving up on him, but just felt a little deflated by the run. Hopefully Mouse gets the kilos off him in time for his next race…

Also looks like they’ll be some interesting novices out this week with Newton Abbot, Exeter & Chepstow all racing. Old Guard has as entry and is one I loved last year & and am hoping for big things over fences

Hopefully not DG!
I'd like to see the stats, but can’t remember too many top class horses being really successful chasers after 3 years hurdling

I guess Night Nurse and Dawn Run would be the most high profile (Night Nurse was second in a Gold Cup and Dawn Run one better)

i think putting TNO in a group with Night Nurse and Dawn Run may be overplaying the hand a little..TNO wasn't top class imo..just a solid hurdler at the trip without being owt special

i think putting TNO in a group with Night Nurse and Dawn Run may be overplaying the hand a little..TNO wasn't top class imo..just a solid hurdler at the trip without being owt special

Loved to have seen how good he would have been if he hadn't had kissing spines, makes the decision to go chasing a strange one. Mind you the trainer knows more about the horse than anyone I guess.

he knows that much he kept going for the CH...this trainer "knows" wears a bit thin with me tbh..some of them are astute..some are pretty clueless imo...NTD has clearly gone teh £ route with this one..fair play to him

when i look at how some horses are campaigned though..i make a decision based on that about how good the trainer is,,but the £ earned job does confuse matters

of course..money earned comes into all of this more than other factor..TNO has earned many £'s...thats fine..but he is no better than a just above average hurdler in real terms. If i owned TNO i would say he has been campaigned to suit my pocket..as a punter..its just wasted talent at further...funny old game really..owner is happy..so no problem..but from a punter's view..its different

Last edited:

More of a Morley Street and who knows, perhaps The New One will emulate him by reverting to hurdles after an unsuccessful time over fences and then finally winning the Champion Hurdle :blink: :whistle:

Last edited:
TNO is the english version of Beef or salmon..every year same folk kept praying BOS won GC..similar to TNO carry on..ultimately ended in heartbreak..season after season after season

read the form..and keep away from these types...they will break hearts

Last edited:
It is an utter disgrace that you have mentioned His Beefiness, in the same breath as this yak. Beef or Salmon was a top-class chaser in every respect - unless you gaze only through a narrow Festival prism.

Now fu*ck-off back to Newmarket, you giant fu*cking Doris.

;)

Last edited:
It is an utter disgrace that you have mentioned His Beefiness, in the same breath as this yak. Beef or Salmon was a top-class chaser in every respect - unless you gaze only through a narrow Festival prism.

Now fu*ck-off back to Newmarket, you giant fu*cking Doris.

;)

:D

BOS = Big Old Slowcoach

:lol:

Beefy was pretty special.

on a forum where there is sometimes a 100 threads about Cheltenham:)..its interesting that Cheltenham is suddenly pooh poohed in regard to this animal..was spesh though

13.03.03 Chelt. Fell..before horse fell..hoss heard saying to jockey.."seriously?"

18.03.04 Chelt. held up in rear, would have won with another 2 miles added to race..hoss heard telling jockey "why do you think i fell last year?..you fookin numpty"

18.03.05 Chelt. behind, tailed off and pulled when hoss told jockey, "f**k this speed test, don't fookin bring me here next year"

17.03.06 Chelt, not fluent 2nd behind and pulled up after hoss said to jockey.."i told you last year this is not for me you stupid pr1ck"

16.03.07 Chelt. led 2nd to 3rd..thought it had won and slowed up..hoss heard saying to jockey.."you fookin kiddin right?,,this better be the last time"

Last edited:
Back