Novice Chasers 2016/2017

that don't make him spesh though Granger..i could say that about a thousand horses

he wasn't any more spesh than many other chasers of his ilk..only in the mind of the deluded would he be spesh..just another chaser to me..and re Cheltenham..an extremely forgetable one

a case of hype in its extreme imo

Last edited:
An absolutely fantastic racehorse with an impressive record in Grade 1 chases.His first 4 races over fences were in open company at Graded level over 2.5 miles,2 miles and 3 miles twice.He won the big 3 mile chase at Leopardstown over Christmas about 6 weeks after making his debut over fences.He was some machine.

a case of hype in its extreme imo

Chasers are always hyped because thats a rarely a competitive division. You'd swear they were talking about Arkle when describing Vautour in the Punchestown pre-race analysis. Lets see if he can add to his only !! G1 in open company but I have a feeling there will be someone in 5-10 years who'd say he was unstoppable... leaving out the Ryanair and JLT part, the weakest races from the festival staying chases.

Don Poli was 3rd in the GC, none of the JLT horses were even good enough to be considered for the race, with the exception of Vautour who was excused and took part in the same proceedings of beating Valseur Lido as last season. I don't see that it was stronger, the RSA usually has plenty of future GC winners in it so on paper Mullins either thought he's not good enough or doesn't stay.

Either way, he wasn't taking on the best around as evidence of Don Poli's third and the rest not even entered for the next year's GC. He's best at 2 and half, good but not many talented horses are sent for that route and as of yet he only managed to win a single G1 in open company from 5 attempts. I'm not criticizing the horse but those that hype him and again if you didn't knew who they were talking about in the P'town pre-race analysis you'd think it was Arkle.

I don't think I can take another season of listening to your misrepresentative drivel, EC1.You have been posting on Jumps threads for all of 2 minutes, and you're already full of sh*it.

1. I don't remember anyone "ridiculing" you when you stated that Vautour wouldn't run in the Gold Cup. I remeber people disagreeing with you about it, but no more, but you have a history of failing to recognise the difference.

2. You now accuse me of "poo-poohing" Cheltenham, when all I have done is state that BOS has top-class form at other tracks. Another straw-man from out of nowhere

I no longer have the energy or inclination to deal with your posts, and have better things to do than add clarifications and/or corrections such as this. This is the last time I will do so.

Last edited:
I don't think I can take another season of listening to your misrepresentative drivel, EC1.You have been posting on Jumps threads for all of 2 minutes, and you're already full of sh*it.

1. I don't remember anyone "ridiculing" you when you stated that Vautour wouldn't run in the Gold Cup. I remeber people disagreeing with you about it, but no more, but you have a history of failing to recognise the difference.

2. You now accuse me of "poo-poohing" Cheltenham, when all I have done is state that BOS has top-class form at other tracks. Another straw-man from out of nowhere

I no longer have the energy or inclination to deal with your posts, and have better things to do than adfld clarifications and/or corrections such as this. This is the last time I will do so.

I was on a bit of a downer as I read that.

Then I got to the last sentence.

Cheered me up no end.

Don Poli was 3rd in the GC, none of the JLT horses were even good enough to be considered for the race, with the exception of Vautour who was excused and took part in the same proceedings of beating Valseur Lido as last season. I don't see that it was stronger, the RSA usually has plenty of future GC winners in it so on paper Mullins either thought he's not good enough or doesn't stay.

Valseur Lido's absence from the Gold Cup had nothing to do with not being good enough. And Apache Stronghold missed the entire season.

I no longer have the energy or inclination to deal with your posts, and have better things to do than add clarifications and/or corrections such as this. This is the last time I will do so.

what a totally unnecessary post..and its way out of order

you spent most of last season jumping on virtually every post i made..looks like you are starting to do the same here..

if anyone can see how from this thread i deserved the above post being aimed at me..please point it out.

if you want this forum just for yourself and those that agree with your every word..its no problem...its neither here nor there to me these days if i post or not.

if i were you..i wouldn't be trying to drive posters like me away

that don't make him spesh though Granger..i could say that about a thousand horses

he wasn't any more spesh than many other chasers of his ilk..only in the mind of the deluded would he be spesh..

Deluded is a bit of a push for a horse that won 10 Grade 1's

A thousand horses won't have done that

Plenty to crab with his travelling form but more to appreciate with his actual achievements

do you think that post of Grasshoppers is out of order Granger?

Not sure it is my responsibility to be judge and jury on such matters.

I value you both as posters and would put you both in the top 5 posters I notice and look forward to reading.

My attitude on life and it rolls over to the forum is to not take things personally - a post can come off as cold/impassionate as it is a spontaneous reaction written in time and a couple of hours later can read as something not intended.
or a bit strong.

You both take strong positions and sometimes heads will clash - Start of the jumps season is a bit like the start of mating season for deer's - they both start at the same time and both result in antlers clashing.

There are words I'd change in both of your postings on this thread to date if I was to be some sort of forum executioner.

This is a great time of year, every day I get emails about tracked horses having entries and we have all our winter competitions starting.

Enjoy the season ahead

Well said Granger. Let's keep it civil and enjoy reading each other's opinions. Sometimes that will involve agreeing to disagree, which can be done in an amicable fashion.

this isn't about agreeing or disagreeing..this is about someone personally attacking another member with no cause or reason to do so

i'm nipping this in the bud now..and i'm pointing the finger at one of the people on here who thinks its ok to aim attacks on a regular basis at me..but then blames it on me...and then other worthies come on and support him..or..as on this occasion when its clear he is bang out of order..don't post anything in response

I'm not having that here..there is nothing on this thread that warrants that stuff he's written...i've hardly posted on here over the summer..and what i have posted recently..i think has been above average for this forum...but then i have to read absolute fookin garbage aimed at me like that

fook all to do with agreeing or disagreeing..all about jealousy imo

Valseur Lido's absence from the Gold Cup had nothing to do with not being good enough. And Apache Stronghold missed the entire season.

True, I said it that rarely the the chasing division is competitive and that renewal with the Don's, Cue Card and Djak was one of those occasions, so the owner/trainers preferred to reroute their weaker horses where they have a chance to win aka to weak races(Ryanair). As for Apache do you really think he would've taken part in the GC ? I doubt it. The argument is Mullins opted for going JLT then Ryanair with supposedly his best chaser(until the other novice hype came along), he didn't target the Arkle, RSA, CC or the GC. I hope he does target the GC with Vautour, its really something that he can't dodge this season.

Grassy, no more posting early in the morning. You might need to have your pc on for a bit of warmth in those northern latitudes but keep away from the keyboard until you've had a coffee or two. And whatever else you might need...

EC1, at Christmas you'll be off to Leopardstown in a horsebox to see how well you cope with a couple of laps of the track in front of a big crowd when you get there. The said crowd will be told the reason for your visit, of course.

Last edited:
this isn't about agreeing or disagreeing..this is about someone personally attacking another member with no cause or reason to do so

i'm nipping this in the bud now..and i'm pointing the finger at one of the people on here who thinks its ok to aim attacks on a regular basis at me..but then blames it on me...and then other worthies come on and support him..or..as on this occasion when its clear he is bang out of order..don't post anything in response

I'm not having that here..there is nothing on this thread that warrants that stuff he's written...i've hardly posted on here over the summer..and what i have posted recently..i think has been above average for this forum...but then i have to read absolute fookin garbage aimed at me like that

fook all to do with agreeing or disagreeing..all about jealousy imo

On another thread, you said you were "ridiculed" for saying Vautour wouldn't go to the Gold Cup. No such thing ever happened - it's a figment of your imagination.

On this thread, you inferred that I "poo-poohed" Cheltenham form when it suited me regarding BoS. No such inference could be drawn from my post - it was yet another figment of your imagination.

I was not attacking you. I was pointing out the misleading nature of these posts, in the sincere hope that we would avoid such inaccuracies in future...............but in typical fashion, you come back with another inaccuracy (the one about being "attacked").

I'm not falling-out with anyone, and I'm certainly not looking to neuter your involvement here. I'm merely posting-notice that I am not going to get involved in further correction of any (what I see as) inaccurate or misleading posts from you. I am just going to let them ride.

PS. The irony of this post isn't lost one me, but I felt I should add it, so that you know there is no personal animosity associated with the original one that upset you.

On another thread, you said you were "ridiculed" for saying Vautour wouldn't go to the Gold Cup. No such thing ever happened - it's a figment of your imagination.

On this thread, you inferred that I "poo-poohed" Cheltenham form when it suited me regarding BoS. No such inference could be drawn from my post - it was yet another figment of your imagination.

I was not attacking you. I was pointing out the misleading nature of these posts, in the sincere hope that we would avoid such inaccuracies in future...............but in typical fashion, you come back with another inaccuracy (the one about being "attacked").

I'm not falling-out with anyone, and I'm certainly not looking to neuter your involvement here. I'm merely posting-notice that I am not going to get involved in further correction of any (what I see as) inaccurate or misleading posts from you. I am just going to let them ride.

PS. The irony of this post isn't lost one me, but I felt I should add it, so that you know there is no personal animosity associated with the original one that upset you.

thats very generous of you thanks..ffs:)

you are a very arrogant man aren't you?..thats no problem..so am i..most folk with a bit about em are in my experience

lets just get one thing clear'....i'll read into any comment on here just how i want to..same as any other member...if i think a post is derisive or ridiculing..then i will make that decision and base my judgement on it..i don't care whether you agree with that sort of judgement..we all view things differently

i don't need a forum policeman following me around..you don't run the forum and you aren't going to tell me what or how to post..you can try...as you have..but the more you do it..the less effect it will have

there cannot really be any personnal animosity between us..because we have never met..but what i have found on forums through the years..is that a certain type of poster latches on to another poster he thinks he can push around and dictate to..i appear to be one of those that these people latch on to..there are a few on here who fit that picking on category..imo..some of the saddest sacs i've ever come across..complete c*nts by any way of measuring it....i would like to think you are not one of them

Shame about the nr's (particularly having backed Robin of Locksley at double figures), but Herefords first novice of the season is still interesting

Rainy City’s run consistently well through the summer and Laurium had decent hurdles form last season, but hopefully Emerging Force takes to fences. He probably wants a bit further, but should be good enough today

Exeter’s beginners chase has cut up badly and nothing of interest to me there

I was quietly impressed with Emerging Force today. Jumped absolutely fine and had plenty left. Step up in class and trip next time

Last edited:
I'm gonna have a small bet on After Eight Sivola tomorrow. He has tons to find on hurdle form with Old Guard but he looks more of a chaser than the Nicholls horse who is pure flat bred.

I love Old Guard so can't go oppose him, not that he's backable anyway. All the Nicholl's comments I've read and heard have been positve, so am hopeful

Back